Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Christen Eagle full scale exclusiv-kit

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by TLFMM, Mar 20, 2015.

1. TLFMM

TLFMM 50cc

Hi Ace,

wonderful EAGLE - is it the same like the red EAGLES fly it ? We are also working on a TL-EAGLE with a single canopy
    carbon-fibre sandwich ribs, complete carbon panels as one part for sides, bottom and in the End 100-120 pounds lighter than
    a standard EAGLE.... I was at Brooks Lemons last year and got a original basic part out of the ORIGINAL "old" mould
    from Christen Industries - for the EAGLE I for the EAGLES Team...

regards

Thomas

2. RePete

RePete 30cc

Very nice Thomas, I wish you luck in this project and great success. I will be watching this thread. subscribed.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    dhal22 likes this.
  3. Thomas,

The fuselage was built in the original eagle jig. The wings are of Steve Wolf's design and the tail has Steve's touch as well. It is my understanding that the only four left from the jig are the three flown by the eagles, hanging in the museum, and this one.

4. Mark Brown

Mark Brown New to GSN!

Bahrain
    Hi Thomas thanks for the reply. I've been searching for an Eagle project for some time now but they are hard to find! If you bring to market the full size as a home build accepted by Austro Control then I am definitely interested, as well as the 50% of course. Such a shame that the kit from Aviat now retails for about the same price as a nice used Extra!
    Best of luck and keep me advised. Great work.
    Cheers, Mark

Bartman likes this.
  5. I approve of this thread ;)

Bartman likes this.
  6. If I read this thread correctly, this will eventually be a kit that is available for purchase? Is that correct?

7. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

They're developing two full scale Eagle kits (single and two place) as well as a half sized fully scale model.

Allow me to say wow for you, Wow! lol

8. TLFMM

TLFMM 50cc

Mike,

yes - we are developping the CHRISTEN EAGLE exclusiv kit in 50% size and working hard on it for
    the perfect kit ( like Frank Christensen does in the early 70´s )
    It is just a "Little" more work as expected to get a perfect result for all Details to have it for the
    Serial production - so hold on we are coming !!

best regards

Thomas

WMcNabb and Mike.Busutil like this.
  9. TLFMM

TLFMM 50cc

We are also in Facebook with our TLFMM Company
    you can find the 50% EAGLE informations at: TL-Flugzeug+Modellbau Manufaktur ( search button in facbook will be succesful )
    or " exclusiv aircraft parts and Services" this page Shows the companys part for tht 100% parts and Services

WMcNabb and Hinckley Bill like this.
  10. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

Found it on Facebook.......just an awesome aircraft

WMcNabb likes this.