• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% Christen Eagle full scale exclusiv-kit

TLFMM

50cc
How much does the 2-Cyl Valach weigh?
Could you realistically put a Boxer engine in it and not have to add an extreme amount of tail weight to it?
Don't they weight in at 15 - 18 lbs?
Could only find a 240cc and 340 boxer from Kolm. 6750 gr. & 8050 gr., respectively.
Would be nice to use a boxer type, as that would be more in scale to the original 4-Cyl. engine in the 100% version.
The weigh of the Valach VM210 is about 13 lb´s without prop and engine mount.

We are actually building 4 EAGLES one with the KOLM 4 zylinder flat 310ccm. We want to have an EAGLE with
aprox 40kg´s ( 5 Liter of smoke oil 2 smoke pump, 4 injections, and a lot more stuff. we want to have
the 40kgs to get a closer flight feeling to the 100% eagle. The 40kg Version is also available with all mods for the
higher weight.

The wing production for the Testbuild Eagles are still going on....

Our 100% EAGLE has passed the second and final Test on sunday, for Engine mount, fuselage and tailstructure with a simulated
force for +7g.

TLFMM

50cc
Belastungsversuch_II_001.jpg
Belastungsversuch_II_002.jpg
Belastungsversuch_II_003.jpg
Belastungsversuch_II_004.jpg
Belastungsversuch_II_005.jpg
upper_wing_parts.jpg
upper_wing_parts-02.jpg

Billy J

50cc
strap in and go test it out // your builds will not break Trust me !!! beautiful ship and shop I like the motor testing because after wringing my buddies S2.B out he call me the next day and said the motor mount was broken !!! at 1000 ft don't think we could have bailed anyway . If that was mine I would just wax on it ever day in the hanger and have a couple totties LOL! probably never fly it

TLFMM

50cc
next step - constructing the jigs and helping tools for the kit parts production. To get a perfect edge for the leading edge-parts in shape and
angle we have to cut the parts with the milling mashine. There is no other way to get a part which fits together ( upper and lower part ) without a gap in the end..... Paralell we are doing the 3D scans from th3 100% EAGLE cowling, canopy and wheelpants to get perfect
scaled 3d data for the milling process of the moulds in 50%.

leading_edge_milling_02.jpg
leading_edge_milling_01.jpg

TLFMM

50cc
To get a perfect shape of the special and so important EAGLE design-line for the wheeplants and cowling and more
we did 3d scans to get polygone data to work with in the CAD programs.
The results for the first test milling are absolut perfekt and we can directly mill the plugs/moulds to produce
the parts from
oilcooler_intake.jpg
wheelpant_fairings-2.jpg
wheelpant_fairings-3.jpg
wheelpant_fairings.jpg
PU or Glas or Carbonfiber.