• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 50% cap 232

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
As all projects go....there was a small oops in my fuselage. I found that my " straight" build bench is not so straight. I usually build my planes on what I refer to as a build box ( see pics). This time I decided to forgo the build box and just use my bench ( against my wife suggestions ). So now I get to listen to a bunch of I told you so's as I start a new one. LoL. I have found an awesome ca glue, once you tack it together you are not getting it apart. There was just no correcting the twist that it has. Normally I would throw it in the garbage but with how strong it is I know it would hold up to my kids beatings SO I think I will cover it in clear and make my wife a lamp. Then I can say I told you so....
. image.jpgimage.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL, I thought I was the only one who had a wife that came up to my builds and pointed her finger with the "what's going on here" deal!!! Now you know why I build clean.....if I don't I'm in trouble.:lol2:

I love the build box, small enough to take out when you need it. I went to that type of thing as well since a full flat table just takes up too much room.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I mentioned the awesome CA glue that I use. I thought I would share the info on it.
Through my work I was able to try out and test this glue. The medium is the one that I prefer the most. It has the longest open time which means it can wick the deepest into the wood, but be careful if there is foam on the other side it will eat it away. The only thing that I do not like is there tip I have talk to him about it and there is nothing we can do at this time. So duct tape and an old tip can fix anything.
I am attaching a link to my website. If you are interested in trying it you can place an order on line or give the office a call and ask for Joe and have them transfer you to me.

http://mysupplycart.com/storefront_...type_code_tree=H1000,H1U00&RequestTimeout=120

image.jpg image.jpg

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
LOL, I thought I was the only one who had a wife that came up to my builds and pointed her finger with the "what's going on here" deal!!! Now you know why I build clean.....if I don't I'm in trouble.:lol2:

I love the build box, small enough to take out when you need it. I went to that type of thing as well since a full flat table just takes up too much room.

Haha glad to know I am not the only one with such a supportive wife!

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
Would you please explain the build box, and how to build.
Thanks

A build box is built with two side pieces that are perfectly parallel and a 1 inch thick MDF top. Next you have a 3/4 inch thick piece of plywood that is the same shape but just smaller than of your plane. Then make some grooves in the top so that the tips of the formers do not touch the build box while glueing. This also helps to make sure everything is square. The best part is when you start a new project you just replace the top not the whole box. One of the main things I like about this box is I can clamp the fuselage to it and then tip the box so that I can glue everything and let it soak in, while still maintaining square. I hope after studying the pictures this will all make sense.
.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg My little helper came out to the shop to watch me glue last night.

BalsaDust

Interesting idea on taping a better tip to the ca bottle. I have been using the gorilla glue CA as my local lowes stopped carrying the tightbond in favor of the gorilla. They only carry the medium and I have to say I really like it. I also agree with you that the tip on the bottles suck.
Build looks great.