• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
In accounting there are some things that we don't worry about because the cost of measuring and reporting outweighs the benefit. I think worrying about the sparks sort of fits in this category for flying. I figure you are going to be able to let it spark hundreds of times before the connector is worn out. Connectors are cheap, so why worry about it? I suggest just do as quadracer suggests and periodically check the connectors and replace the ones that are bad.

Of course, if you just enjoy worrying about it and have time to find creative solutions then go nuts! :D For me, I don't have time to worry about it and my deans connectors are good for many many many many many... more sparks.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Supposedly Power Poles are designed to handle the spark. Where they first make contact isn't where they end up touching once they are fully engaged.

powerpole_cutaway.gif

SteveT.

100cc
Quite truthfully, Deans work the same way....they spark on the ends, and then make full contact on the flat of the blades....Any pitting is just on the ends....

SteveT.

hosam

70cc twin V2
So I have been pondering about the anti-spark contraption and what it would take me to get it setup. After a whole 5 minutes I realized that with a 3 month old baby upstairs and the extremely reduced amount of time allotted to me in the man cave at this time I am forgoing the whole idea and let it spark away...

quadracer & 3dNAter, you realize that it is all your fault that I came to this conclusion… thanks for setting me straight… LOL…