• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

My MIL winters in Sun City, AZ, which is outside of Phoenix and we visited her last winter and I loved the area. Awesome sunsets and great scenery. if anything it most likely be Phoenix but will have to see what happens in due time...

I could give ya some pointers if you ever decide to move out here. There are gorgeous new homes about 5 minutes from the Valley's best 3D field that I sure wish I knew about when I bought my house...

SnowDog

Our first choice was june 27-30 there is no indication so far that we won't get that date, but things an change. There is a thread for general huckfest info on FG, but I do not think that we have a specific one done yet. Ill post the link from last year in lincoln, which was awesom also. The FOG's don't show up really, they like to criticize during the meetings about the style of flying, there were however several older guy that love to watch and even a few that have got 3d planes that do not fit the FOG category. The move to iowa is a good one as there will be no problems with multiple 40% ers hovering over the runway!

FYI June 27-30 is the same weekend as the 3DHS Midwest FLI 2013 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. :(

nebwake

70cc twin V2
That is too bad. I am sure that Kansas city will have a huckfest this year also for those of you that cant make IA. That far south in MO is a heck of a drive for me, over 8 hours.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Re: 3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

The closest events I have seen to me are at least 8 hours away. That would be in Phoenix. The Cali events are around 12 hours.

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Man, that sucks,.... The Texas FLI is 30 mins for me, but normally events are like 2-3 hours in Austin.

Enjoy the proximity Chad! I've gotta get a hotel now, whereas Austin was a drive home at night for me !