• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Love it! Show about to begin. Radio silence. Enjoy your 3 hours of play followed by 2 hours of fatherhood bliss and motherhood stress- oh my God- where's her costume, I have to fix her hair. Go sit and I'll be out after I get her dressed. My wife did 10 yrs of these herself then taught for a few. Daddy knows to just shut up and Dona's I'm told on recital day!

3dNater

I just had a great morning at the club with my buddy Brigg. I took my 51 and 70 slicks. I got two flights on each. My hacker motor on the 51 is showing signs of bad bearings. It turns with too much resistance and squeaks... I'm happy I noticed it before putting it up for a third flight.

I'm still really loving the dle 35. It is starting easier and making more power than ever. I have really noticed a difference on the last two flights. It has a little over two gallons through it now.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just had a great morning at the club with my buddy Brigg. I took my 51 and 70 slicks. I got two flights on each. My hacker motor on the 51 is showing signs of bad bearings. It turns with too much resistance and squeaks... I'm happy I noticed it before putting it up for a third flight.

I'm still really loving the dle 35. It is starting easier and making more power than ever. I have really noticed a difference on the last two flights. It has a little over two gallons through it now.

Good catch on the bearings! Are you going to send it in, or fix yourself?

Glad your 35 is working out so nicely. Are you going to try the larger prop again?

What was Brigg flying?

dth7

What mix are you running in it? Break in? Type of oil?

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Got n some flights this morning. Of course it was windy. Lol. Haven't flown in calm conditions in forever. 3 on the 48 which flies just fine after the fixes from last Saturday. Lol. 2 on the 42 slick. Bounced it pretty good on the 2nd flight. After a failed snap to hover, just not enough power going into it and it was downwind. No damage. Checked it over and then took right back off to finish flight. :) also flew 1 on the 40 epp edge. Tough landing on the grass runway with that one today. Very very soft conditions.

Was good flying overall. It's definitely interesting flying at an actual field. Just wish there were more 3ders there. Everyone else that seems to fly there uses my maximum altitude as their minimum. Lol. While I am down dragging the tail on the ground. Haha. Good folks though. :)

3dNater

Good catch on the bearings! Are you going to send it in, or fix yourself?

Glad your 35 is working out so nicely. Are you going to try the larger prop again?

What was Brigg flying?

Ill fix it myself as long as the windings aren't toasted at all. I didn't notice the problem in flight so that has me hoping I caught it in time.

I may put a 20x8 on again. I think the motor would like it ok now. Its hard to argue with how its flying with a 19x8 right now though. Its fairly ballistic and my slick is no longer real light. There is lots of epoxy and extra wood now ;) I'm guessing the EF 78 xtra is a similar weight.

Brigg was flying micros. We have not finished the yak that is getting the dle 55. It is being re-covered. When I stripped the covering I found several areas that need structural repairs.

What mix are you running in it? Break in? Type of oil?

I am running 32:1 and don't plan on changing it... ever. It is really pulling hard and I see no reason to thin it out... I'm happy with the power. Here is the part where you might laugh though. I am just running cheap walmart ashless oil. It is a synthetic blend for outboard boat motors. I have run expensive oils before and feel this is working just as well. So if you are the type that has to run expensive premium oil I suppose you won't take my lead ;) It has been working well for me though so far with over two gallons through the motor. I suppose time will tell. I certainly don't baby the motor or plane while I'm flying though. Plenty of violent things mixed with extended hovering etc.

Btw. I'm guess I'm seeing similar power right now to what you will be getting after half a gallon with your bowman ring. It is pulling really hard.. Id say at least 10% more power now than when new. Its very noticeable. I think you are going to enjoy it :)

dth7

Ill fix it myself as long as the windings aren't toasted at all. I didn't notice the problem in flight so that has me hoping I caught it in time.

I may put a 20x8 on again. I think the motor would like it ok now. Its hard to argue with how its flying with a 19x8 right now though. Its fairly ballistic and my slick is no longer real light. There is lots of epoxy and extra wood now ;) I'm guessing the EF 78 xtra is a similar weight.

Brigg was flying micros. We have not finished the yak that is getting the dle 55. It is being re-covered. When I stripped the covering I found several areas that need structural repairs.

I am running 32:1 and don't plan on changing it... ever. It is really pulling hard and I see no reason to thin it out... I'm happy with the power. Here is the part where you might laugh though. I am just running cheap walmart ashless oil. It is a synthetic blend for outboard boat motors. I have run expensive oils before and feel this is working just as well. So if you are the type that has to run expensive premium oil I suppose you won't take my lead ;) It has been working well for me though so far with over two gallons through the motor. I suppose time will tell. I certainly don't baby the motor or plane while I'm flying though. Plenty of violent things mixed with extended hovering etc.

Btw. I'm guess I'm seeing similar power right now to what you will be getting after half a gallon with your bowman ring. It is pulling really hard.. Id say at least 10% more power now than when new. Its very noticeable. I think you are going to enjoy it :)

Oh I know I'm going to really enjoy it!

I got some Penzoil to break in then I all ready bought an 8 pack of Sthil Ultra. So, I guess I'm in the premium camp for now. I have a Zoar (wooden) and a Hover (CF) 20x6 for it. With the single shaft prop adapter trying new props will be a breeze.

3dNater

I recommend sticking to 18x8 or 19x8 for break-in. Mine hated a 20x8. Maybe you will have good luck with the 20x6 but early on, if your modded motor is anything like mine, it is going to have plenty of top-end and not too much torque. It improves A LOT as it breaks in though. At first it really wanted rpm's to make power. I think mine got hot on the 20x8 Protek.

Oh I know I'm going to really enjoy it!

I got some Penzoil to break in then I all ready bought an 8 pack of Sthil Ultra. So, I guess I'm in the premium camp for now. I have a Zoar (wooden) and a Hover (CF) 20x6 for it. With the single shaft prop adapter trying new props will be a breeze.

dth7

I recommend sticking to 18x8 or 19x8 for break-in. Mine hated a 20x8. Maybe you will have good luck with the 20x6 but early on, if your modded motor is anything like mine, it is going to have plenty of top-end and not too much torque. It improves A LOT as it breaks in though. At first it really wanted rpm's to make power. I think mine got hot on the 20x8 Protek.

We do have a local running the 20x6 and doing well with it. I'll keep the 19x8 in mind.