• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

dskuro95

100cc
You should come!. These are the coordinates for google maps. just go to maps.google.com and type this in. It will bring you right to our field. It is a very nice field with few 3D flyers so another would be sweet. If you actually live in lehigh valley pa then you are about 45 minutes away.

here is the coordinates
41.035940, -75.043434

I'll have to look that place up!:)

njswede

150cc
You should come!. These are the coordinates for google maps. just go to maps.google.com and type this in. It will bring you right to our field. It is a very nice field with few 3D flyers so another would be sweet. If you actually live in lehigh valley pa then you are about 45 minutes away.

here is the coordinates
41.035940, -75.043434

Or we could all just go to GCA like one big happy family! :)

njswede

150cc
GCA is about 35-40 minutes for all of us. But I'd love to visit RAMAC. I remember I was so happy when I saw there's a club in Roxbury (10 minutes away from me) until I realized the field is all the way by the Water Gap.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I only have one heat setting, I use a weller 40 watt pencil tip one. I used the medium sized tip (about 1/8" wide) and just went after it. It pretty much burns up in smoke. Stinks a bit, but works well!

Just let it burn off the soldering tip. I would try removing any left-over residue with some high grit sandpaper.

Re-did my hinges last night. Went pretty smoth. Use the pencil tip to clear out as much gunk as the 1/2" or so of penetration allowed for, and then easily drilled the rest out with a 3/16" bit.

Reinstalled using the Robart 3/16" hinges that SteveT recommended, and the 89" is good to go for this weekned!

Thanks for the pointers guys!

-G