• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC

Patience, my young padawan. :p

Naaaahhh....I want it NOW!
Haha jk....

Sad day. I "injured" my Slick from a dead battery while hovering. Check out me and my friends convo:

Not another dead slick! D:

:(:( not dead....just....injured:D

What happened man? :( She's repairable at least!
What he said...(below)

His battery died while hovering :(
Yes:(

One word. Telemetry.

It's about $80 to mod a Tx with FrSky and Telemetry. It only has to save your plane once to be a good investment, when you're hovering and your Tx beeps warning that you only have a 30 seconds of battery left.
A lot of words: LISTEN TO YOUR STINKIN TIMER!!!!!!

Ignorant me...tsk tsk tsk....

Jeez, you 3D people sure burn through the airframes... :cool:
Yeah, but its a hellova lot more fun that flying in a circle.
Much more croud pleasing too...and fame:D

As we speak Alex is fixing it... like a BOSS :D :cool:
Thank you for the suuport:D:)
And yes, I was. Looks not too bad actually:) Need to get some popsicle sticks though. My fingertips are very slippery...CA:D

Geez, I know it!

I wish I had the funds to fly 3D. I would only be a able to afford one airframe.

The suckish part of the 3D realm:(

I had let my friend fly it, and then the beeper beeped, and I thought, "Oh, Ill do a couple more pop tops and KE waterfalls." Then that turned into "Oh just a quick KE pass...and then: A HOVER."
Stupid me...tsk tsk tsk.

No need to invest in telemetry if you aren't stupid. Which, I am, so maybe I should think about it:D

Moral of the story: Your timer is smarter than you.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Alex u gotta be kidding me.......that's the second time you have crashed because you didn't listen to your timer. LISTEN TO IT!!!!!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
3DHS --FLY LOW-- Always OFF TOPIC thread

Since I put telemetry on my airplanes, I haven't run out of battery once... And we're talking 100's of flights. I like it better than a timer because it accounts for a longer gentle flight or a shorter aggressive one.

SnowDog

Any place that opens its doors to the 3d community is a place I want to be apart of! Glad you are enjoying yourself so far- it will only get better! Enjoy your weekends fellas! Get out there and fly!

Santi

I knew that answer to that question....and I think I know the answer to another question...who's 70" Slick will this be going on? ;)
Unfortunately, I was out flying all weekend and therefore didn't see the post in time to answer first!

Congrats Rick!