• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 91" Yak 55

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
finally done and ready to fly...just need warm weather
20150102_160610.jpg
20150102_160635.jpg

ryan_m

100cc
I almost have mine done as well, the motor (EME 70 twin) arrives tomorrow.
After reading about others needing more tail weight on here just now, I may go re-do the rudder servo and see if I can move it to the tail...
I had heard these tended to come out tail heavy with a DLE-55, so I actually wanted the weight of the twin up front. Now maybe I'm second guessing that. Guess I'll find out this weekend :)

That yellow/black sure does look awesome.
I got mine from a guy near me that was selling a blue one new in box for 550, so I couldn't pass it up. But if I was ordering new, I sure would have gotten that yellow/black.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
I almost have mine done as well, the motor (EME 70 twin) arrives tomorrow.
After reading about others needing more tail weight on here just now, I may go re-do the rudder servo and see if I can move it to the tail...
I had heard these tended to come out tail heavy with a DLE-55, so I actually wanted the weight of the twin up front. Now maybe I'm second guessing that. Guess I'll find out this weekend :)

That yellow/black sure does look awesome.
I got mine from a guy near me that was selling a blue one new in box for 550, so I couldn't pass it up. But if I was ordering new, I sure would have gotten that yellow/black.

Mine with the DLE 55 came out perfectly balanced with no weight...rudder servo in normal spot and both batteries in the center of the Fuse...

ryan_m

100cc
Got the EME 70 mounted in mine last night, for any wondering it will fit completely within the cowl, no cutting needed for the plugs. I have about 3/4" clearance on the left side, and a bit more on the right. The choke linkage will be a bit difficult to get rigged up on it, but I'll probably use a bellcrank and drop it down near the back of the cowl.
Haven't gotten the ignition or fuel tank or throttle servo mounted yet, so I have no idea how it's going to balance yet with the EME 70 up on the nose. Hope to make progress there this week.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Got the EME 70 mounted in mine last night, for any wondering it will fit completely within the cowl, no cutting needed for the plugs. I have about 3/4" clearance on the left side, and a bit more on the right. The choke linkage will be a bit difficult to get rigged up on it, but I'll probably use a bellcrank and drop it down near the back of the cowl.
Haven't gotten the ignition or fuel tank or throttle servo mounted yet, so I have no idea how it's going to balance yet with the EME 70 up on the nose. Hope to make progress there this week.

Take some pics if you get a chance...would like to see your setup...I want to get the blue yak55 in march and need to decided what motor that one will get

ryan_m

100cc
These aren't terribly exciting as all I've done is hang the motor, hopefully over the next few days I'll get the ignition mounted, throttle linkage connected up, and choke figured out. Gonna be too cold to fly this coming weekend, so I'm not in a huge rush to finish it all up.
The included standoffs with the EME work great. I had to add one washer in addition to each one to get it to be the right spacing, and had to get some longer M5 bolts to mount everything up (need at least 1.5" long ones), but otherwise the install was a snap. They included a template for the hole locations, so it didn't take long at all to get it all mounted.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 426
  • left.JPG
    left.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 274
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 244
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 287

ryan_m

100cc
I had an EME 60 that was installed in a different plane, was a nice running motor. Easy starting and reliable.
Hopefully this will be the same! I tend to not keep planes more than a year, and the warranty on the motor from milehighrc is for 18 months, so I figure I should be pretty well covered for most anything that happens to it!

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
cool...I have heard good things on EME motors. Have also heard that Milehigh honors there warranties which makes it a hole lot easier buying something that you have never had...