• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS 91" Yak 55

ryan_m

100cc
I like my EME 70, but it doesn't spool up as fast as a single, definitely not as snappy. Bit harder to start until it's broken in too. Once broken in it isn't bad. I'm turning a Falcon 24x9 carbon prop to about 6800 rpm reliably on it now. I don't know how that compares power wise to the EME60 single. The one thing I really love about the EME70 twin is the smoothness. My plane isn't being shaken apart and require regular maintenance to keep it together, and that makes me happier than any bit of power I might be giving up with a single cylinder 60cc motor. It's smooth and nice. Plenty of power on the Yak as well and the Yak balances nicely with it as well. But you will need to baffle the motor, mine was getting quite warm with no baffling.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I'm probably going to get one, my preferred supplier for EME has just run out of the 70 but he said he has one left in stock with the Auto starter already bolted on, might buy that one and remove the AS and keep it for another 70 twin scale maybe.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I would definitely go for the EME 70. I have one and love it. It is so smooth. You just can't beat how a twin runs!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
FYI for EME 70 owners who want to compare.With a Mejzlik 24x8 I am getting 7100 and about 38 lbs of thrust with the EME 60.
I am now going to change out my second set of servos after close to 60+ gallons close to 4 years operating. So shaker the 60 is.
My 60 will finally be getting the "updated" crank, new piston and ring after operating with original crank lasting only 5 gallons but the replacement crank is still ok (just starting to make a little clank sound) after 55 gallons. I find that my 60 runs better with regular 87 pump gas. Tried 93 pump gas and re-tuned but the top end would still rapidly lose power on an extended up-line pull because the engine would heat up more rapidly with the 93 octane. SO....Redline 32-1 and 87 pump gas on a crisp cool (70degrees low humidity) day yielded the numbers above.

Also...I run the 60 with a Medium Pro Flow Can.

Last edited:

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Just waiting on someone to decide if they want to buy my 1/4 scale tucano, if they do i'm gonna nab up a DA70, always wanted a DA engine to try and apparently the 70 is pretty slick, yer its gonna be twice the cost of an EME but if the cash is there why the hell not.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Really looking forward to my DA 70 and extra 330sc. I would still like to try an EME 70 for myself. I think they are good engines.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Well I got paid, and I think I'll be eating toast for a month wahhhh.... yep I ended up buying a DA70..

seriously excited now for this plane