• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 89 slick

Sweet! What do you have inside?

It has Spektrum 6030 servos all around with the recomended length SWb servo arms. A JR 12 channel powersafe rx, some sort of life battery packs that I will be switching for Thunder Power lipos for some longer flight times. And a DLE 55. I would really like to sell the DLE and get a higher performance powerplant. It may be wrongly propped, but at full throttle doing fast rolling loops it starts to run out of juice at the apex. And doing snaps on vert up lines almost comes to a stop. Id really like to get the DA 60 but is slightly out of my price range for now. Any knowledge on those EME 60's ? Might be good for my application as my new beater plane :)

Zach

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
It has Spektrum 6030 servos all around with the recomended length SWb servo arms. A JR 12 channel powersafe rx, some sort of life battery packs that I will be switching for Thunder Power lipos for some longer flight times. And a DLE 55. I would really like to sell the DLE and get a higher performance powerplant. It may be wrongly propped, but at full throttle doing fast rolling loops it starts to run out of juice at the apex. And doing snaps on vert up lines almost comes to a stop. Id really like to get the DA 60 but is slightly out of my price range for now. Any knowledge on those EME 60's ? Might be good for my application as my new beater plane :)

Zach

Putting an EME 60 into my 89 today. Hope to run it next weekend :)

It was a hard decision, as my DLE55 preformed very well last time I flew it... But I'm positive this EME60 will be even better!

Well thats awesome news, I am very intrested to see what you think of that engine in this plane. What prop were you running on the DLE 55 ? I have a vess and I think its the 22A not sure thogh if thats right or not. It spins up good RPM maybe need more?

Zach

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Well thats awesome news, I am very intrested to see what you think of that engine in this plane. What prop were you running on the DLE 55 ? I have a vess and I think its the 22A not sure thogh if thats right or not. It spins up good RPM maybe need more?

Zach

Under prop foe show! You need a 23A. That's what I have been running, and performs nicely.

gyro

GSN Contributor

Zach

My DLE55 was running a Xoar Sword 23x8, so yes, I'd say you need a little more prop. It was getting 6600+ rpm, and tons of power.

For the EME60, I'll be using a 24x8 woodie initially, and then hopefully a Falcon 24x9 CF.

So, I am thinking the first thing I should do is try a lil bit bigger prop than. lol I just kinda assumed it was good, it spins up good RPM, but I never really checked it.

Zach