• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

Stevo

30cc
Just finishing up a blue one that I picked up t the WRAM show. Might fire it up tomorrow.
Notice my sons red one is all done!!!! He has been flying that one for a year. He won't let me
fly it. lol Some build pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 342

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Did my 87" build thread survive? I saw Steve's build pictures and it and the firewall paint reminded me of my build thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I know I wrote about it in the FLI coverage, but I wanted to share it here too. After destroying a Pilot 50cc Yak early in the morning, Brian walks over to me, and says he's thinking about raiding the 3DHS trailer for a new 50cc airplane... of course I encourage him... and wouldn't you know it, a short time later after a testrdrive on RobJ's 87" Extra, Brain buys one at the FLI. Shortly thereafter, a sea of blue jerseys and fanatics with tools converges on Brian to help him get the airplane built and flying by later that evening, which actually happened!
Here are some photos:
DSCF2053.jpgDSCF1973.jpgDSCF2054.jpgDSCF2068.jpgDSCF1977.jpgDSCF2067.jpgDSCF2091.jpgbrian extra 1.jpgbrian extra 2.jpg

All-in-all, Brian must have had at least 10 different people come by to help build! Right now, Brian and I are brainstorming some ideas to do some cool vinyl for his plane. Congrats again Brian!

Manta

70cc twin V2
That is how it is done!! WOOT! Wish i would have been there. I love a mass build and fly. I flew my newly acquired 87 SHP (blue) yesterday.Took me most of the morning off and on to change it out to my connectors and put my rx in it and set it up in my radio.We got about 3 flights on her.She be jammin.Congrats to Brian and way to huck it low early!!

Alright i'm here!

SO as y'all know and can see, I recently got myself an 87 SHP. This started after I literally destroyed my trusty old Pilot Yak. I was doing rolling Harriers and, well you can put the pieces together.. It was awesome though! So after a little thought (about 5 minutes to be exact) I brought the idea to Gary about picking up one of the MANY available 3DHS planes and jokingly putting it together over night. This idea grew and withing an hour the boxes were coming open. With much help from various 3DHS crew members and other helping hands the old airplane was stripped, laughed at then the building began. Before I even knew it 6 hours had passed and we had an airplane completely ready to fly!

I got the motor started and crossed fingers as I went up for the maiden. All went very well until one of my old under powered servos in my right aileron to a big poop and quit on me. The executive decision was made to replace the servos to Hitec 7955s and get her back in the air! After a few flights all I can say is wow. I love the plane in every way. Very clean and precise, but will swing around and tumble like no other. Honestly one of the best airplanes I have ever had my hands on. Couldn't be happier!

My current setup is:
3W 55XI
VESS 23B
4TITUDE 16oz fuel tank
Fromeco 2600mah Li-on X2
Super switches
Powerbox Ignition Kill
Futaba R6008HS
Hitec HS6955 all around
Aurora RC Andromeda light kit

Thank you to everyone who helped put it together and watched it fly!

Also a big thanks to Gary and 3DRCF for the support!

Brian