• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ah, good to hear the 770'sy are working well. The Solar servos do appear to be of fairly good quality. I'm just always wondering about how well the motors will hold up in the less expensive servos. A friend's plane went in due to a servo failure, and I tore into it (Tower Pro MG16R) to see what failed. The motor brushes were worn completely off, and that happeded at flight 153 (3D and 6 ~ 7 minute flight duration). The plane is a PA Addiction-X, since repaired and back in the air.

I've been looking at getting a spare 3DHS 70" airframe, and presently considering either the 70" Velox or the 72" Extra 330SC. Has anyone flown both?

Joe Smith has. You might pose the question to him in his forum.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Re-maiden with DLE-20 should be this week. All work complete, just need a break from work!