• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

hosam

70cc twin V2
got a bunch of flights on the velox today. really starting to jive with it. low and slow harriers are soooo rock solid. rollers are fun too

I'm truly amazed that this plane doesn't have more followers and popularity... it's one of my favorites. I wish I could get a 50cc version of it, would buy that in a heartbeat. It seems like the few that have it love it, but overall the thread(s) on the plane aren't as popular, and there isn't nearly the buzz about this plane that there is for a Slick or Extra or Edge. This thing does amazing pop tops, super nice harriers, really nice and vertical elevators, tight waterfalls, it's just a 3d machine!

this plane is beyond amazing. flew the crap out of it yesterday with DLE30 and did a tail touch on the 3rd flight, locked in hovers are awesome. At 9.25 lbs the DLE30 tossed it around like nothing and when I switch to a 20x6 it should make it just that more impressive...

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
I'm truly amazed that this plane doesn't have more followers and popularity... it's one of my favorites. I wish I could get a 50cc version of it, would buy that in a heartbeat. It seems like the few that have it love it, but overall the thread(s) on the plane aren't as popular, and there isn't nearly the buzz about this plane that there is for a Slick or Extra or Edge. This thing does amazing pop tops, super nice harriers, really nice and vertical elevators, tight waterfalls, it's just a 3d machine!

thats just it, its a 3d machine. after getting a decent amount of flights over the past 2 days on it, it is an awesome 3d plane but lacks in the big air precision that the extra has (at least IMHO)

nsg

30cc
It's difficult to fly precise, but not impossible. I actually use it to practice rolls, loops, etc. - you see any mistake you make, unlike e.g. Vyper. My lowest elevator rate is 20%, though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was having trouble mastering some of the higher energy maneuvers on the one I had, maybe that was a consequence of power system? I did think the slow flight characteristics were nothing short or amazing.

So Hosam, you're liking the DLE 30? :)

hosam

70cc twin V2
I only have 2 flights on it but the DLE 30 really pulls here around. the plane weight in at 9 lbs 5 oz and it scoots along, pull out from hovers are fast, almost electric like. with a different prop and a bit of more tuning I thing it will be animal. one thing for sure I need to setup a throttle curve...

you have any trouble balancing that rig??? i had a TERBLE time with a 30 up front!!!=( got a buncha weight in the back!!!:( mayb i ota move my fuel tank back a bit!!! i got it right in front of wing spar now...

hosam

70cc twin V2
I made a tray in the tail (see pictures) so I can relocate the battery in the back. the plane ballances with the way I like to fly, just slight down elevator when inverted.

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpg
    IMG_0841.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 239