• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

well one deal was that i realy couldnt swear by my dle 20!!! i had problems with thing alot it seemed like!!! when it was new i could get 85 and 8600 rpm outa the thing all the time!!! but now after i got about 4 gallons through it i cant get the performance out of it!!!

but i run a fortitude 8 oz myself actualy!!! i never burned more than half a tank and my longest flight was prolly in the 6-7 minute range!!! i never ran a timer so cant tell ya for sure on that!!! i NEVER worried about it tho...

but on the DLE 30 in the velox topic... i actualy just bought and 30 from my uncle and stuck it in and gona go fly it this aft weather permitting!!!:) had to add som weight on the tail tho and kinda hate that cuz now im sitting at like 9.6lbs!!!=\ little higher than what i was hoping for but...

gyro

GSN Contributor
well one deal was that i realy couldnt swear by my dle 20!!! i had problems with thing alot it seemed like!!! when it was new i could get 85 and 8600 rpm outa the thing all the time!!! but now after i got about 4 gallons through it i cant get the performance out of it!!!

but i run a fortitude 8 oz myself actualy!!! i never burned more than half a tank and my longest flight was prolly in the 6-7 minute range!!! i never ran a timer so cant tell ya for sure on that!!! i NEVER worried about it tho...

but on the DLE 30 in the velox topic... i actualy just bought and 30 from my uncle and stuck it in and gona go fly it this aft weather permitting!!!:) had to add som weight on the tail tho and kinda hate that cuz now im sitting at like 9.6lbs!!!=\ little higher than what i was hoping for but...

Well, I'm happy to hear you're still flying it. I have a DLE30 in my 71 Slick, and the power to weight there is nice, I'm sure it'll be absurd on your Velox!

My flight time goal is 10-15 minutes on this plane, so it sounds like I'll be close based on your experiences.

Did you have the pull-pull setup with the DLE20? I already cut my wires and ordered a push-pull servo arm for mine, and I'm moving my DS610 from the rudder tray to the tail. I almost feel like I should have waited. I have some spare wires to re-do it if I need to.

-G

i ran a push pull and with the way i had stuff setup under the canopy it balanced out perfect!!! im regulating a 2200 3s battery and running everything with that so...

gyro

GSN Contributor
i ran a push pull and with the way i had stuff setup under the canopy it balanced out perfect!!! im regulating a 2200 3s battery and running everything with that so...

I was thinking about going with the same setup I have in my 71" Slick, the TBM power system 2

i heard that!!! stupid me had never heard of that befor!!! maybe thats the way i oughta set my plane up cuz i been kinda toying with the idea of flying at the joe nall this year:)and i dont run a kill switch!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
i heard that!!! stupid me had never heard of that befor!!! maybe thats the way i oughta set my plane up cuz i been kinda toying with the idea of flying at the joe nall this year:)and i dont run a kill switch!!!

Definitely want to run an separate OPTO kill, or an integrated one on a IBEF. Personally, I use the IBEF on all my airplanes, and I'm pretty happy with them. So how do you turn your plane off? Servo on the choke?

no i run futaba radio and set one of my switches as throttle kill and it just pulls the throttle arm all the way back!!! i dont use the stop on the carb!!! ive never had a problem!!!

man flew my velox today tho!!! little windy!!! didn go so hot tho on the account of my CG wasnt right!!! BTW maybe i shud get som pix on here huh???:)

gyro

GSN Contributor
no i run futaba radio and set one of my switches as throttle kill and it just pulls the throttle arm all the way back!!! i dont use the stop on the carb!!! ive never had a problem!!!

man flew my velox today tho!!! little windy!!! didn go so hot tho on the account of my CG wasnt right!!! BTW maybe i shud get som pix on here huh???:)

Yeah, some pics would definitely be sweet!

Looks like mine will have a new DLE 20 for now. May try out a Mintor 22 a little later down the road, but for now, the DLE 20 it is. I'd really like to get some time on the "recommended" motor, and see how much I like it. If it doesn't have enough oomph for me, I can always steal the DLE30 out of my 71" Slick and try that out for a bit.

So... when you had the DLE 20 in yours, where was your gas tank? do you have any pics of your interior setup? It'd be nice to have a starting point for positioning of the components for a known good CG.

-G

heres a few.... 0228031720.jpg0228031721.jpg0228031723.jpg ok dont hate on my wiring to hard!!!;) i kno it SUCKS!!!:D but ne way!!! my CG was neutral with it setup like that!!!