• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30% Pilot Carbon EDGE Build & Discussion

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks Bruce, this information is invaluable. It will save anyone like myself tons of time and money when trying to work with CF. I have some places in my extra 300 that I want to rework the structure so I can get my 12s packs in and out without breaking the top cross bracing. I think I know how to do it. I will as ditch some flat stock on some ply with that adhesive and roller. Then use that to create a U shaped brace.

Thanks for this great information.

bruceman

50cc
I don't have much in the way of pictures in the very beginning of the build, but here are a few after the main bulkhead was carbon fiber laminated, the engine box was laminated and the firewall was completed

photo 3.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Bruce,
How many $'s worth of carbon do you think you have in this beauty? $50? $100? Looks awesome and I can only guess at how much strength was added. Nice work bro.

bruceman

50cc
The total value of the carbon fiber used in the Carbon EDGE I would estimate at about $100. This is an estimate because I have built other projects and have scraps left over from those builds. When working with carbon fiber, it is important to think through your layout of the pieces you need, to minimize the amount of scrap and money spent.