• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

mikeh

70cc twin V2
I'll try to explain this the best way I can. Where your servos are mounted you will want to build a 1/16 Frame around your servo flush with the the top of your wing skin. The only purpose of this is for your covering. As it sits right now you would have a hole the size of the bay the the servo is sitting in. I hope that makes sense. I found this pic, maybe this will explain it better.
wing servo mount.jpg

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Thanks. As I was putting the servos in the wing, I was thinking about putting rails on either side of it. That should give a little more support as well if I used some basswood for that.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I had to get the engine on the plane:) I didn't want to wait until it was covered. The zip tie trick for the choke wire is awesome!!!

I covered the hatch last night and started gluing the canopy on. To get the fit correctly, I am starting with the front couple inches, waiting for that to dry, then continuing around the front. As soon as the front is down properly, I will be able to finish the rest in one fell swoop.

I have starting covering the rest of the plane today. Hopefully will have most of it done by tonight! I am using Ultracote safety orange and yellow with black trim.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 335
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 324
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 313

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
As I was trying to fit the cowl... It looks like I need to cut openings for the spark plug wire and a little for the cylinder head sadly...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 314