• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 30% Edge 540 Pete Marshall Plans with Laser Cut Short Kit

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sad you did not maiden but....... You did a good thing so I like your patience!;). An all black cowl will work! Just look at the 92 inch 3DHS Edge scheme. And my Pilot Edge's cowl is all black........Plane is looking great!

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Thanks, @49dimes!!

I had some pretty good comments at the field today. "I wouldn't be able to see it cause it's blinding me!" "You are not gonna be able to lose that ever!"

I got the culprit horizontal stabilizer and elevator taken apart and glued back together. We will see how it looks tomorrow.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
3 flights this morning!!!!! 2 clicks of elevator trim, 2 clicks of aileron trim and about 4 clicks of rudder trim and she was hands off on the 2nd pass after takeoff. She took off at 1/3 throttle and was pretty stable right off the bat. Was very gentle with her the first flight. The landing was a 3 pointer but very controlled and pretty slow.

The CG is slightly tail heavy right now. Chopping the throttle on level inverted flight and the plane stays level. On the 45 degree up line inverted, it is also rock steady with no tendency for the nose to drop. It tracks pretty well. I'm sure I will need to make a few tweaks to get it "IMAC" perfect. Not that I plan on competing anytime soon...

The 2nd and third flights were used to test medium and high rates. The elevator makes a little snap on high rates close to full deflection. But it is also extremely touchy on the elevator. Which is also explained by the tail heaviness.

Overall, I am super stoked on how well she performed! Not overly powerful with the 50 up front but enough to hover and have some pullout ability. She is a keeper!!

I have a few videos of the first flight that I will get up when I get them uploaded to YouTube.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 401
Way to go @Bluepilot2003.

I've been following your build here and you have given me the incentive to finish mine that I started last year. I have the fuse almost done, and the tail feathers are also done. I just have to build the wings and I'll be done as well.

I'm going to power mine with a ZDZ 60. Did you have much trouble fitting the Pilot cowl to it?

Regards,

Dennis

3 flights this morning!!!!! 2 clicks of elevator trim, 2 clicks of aileron trim and about 4 clicks of rudder trim and she was hands off on the 2nd pass after takeoff. She took off at 1/3 throttle and was pretty stable right off the bat. Was very gentle with her the first flight. The landing was a 3 pointer but very controlled and pretty slow.

The CG is slightly tail heavy right now. Chopping the throttle on level inverted flight and the plane stays level. On the 45 degree up line inverted, it is also rock steady with no tendency for the nose to drop. It tracks pretty well. I'm sure I will need to make a few tweaks to get it "IMAC" perfect. Not that I plan on competing anytime soon...

The 2nd and third flights were used to test medium and high rates. The elevator makes a little snap on high rates close to full deflection. But it is also extremely touchy on the elevator. Which is also explained by the tail heaviness.

Overall, I am super stoked on how well she performed! Not overly powerful with the 50 up front but enough to hover and have some pullout ability. She is a keeper!!

I have a few videos of the first flight that I will get up when I get them uploaded to YouTube.

How was it fitting the Pilot cowl to the F1 former? Did you have to cut or slice the cowl to make it fit? Some day I will start on mine, just trying to find the best alternative to an off the shelf cowl.
Thanks.