• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I tweaked on the rib shape just a little, it has always been semi-symmetrical airfoil but the shape that it was on the original plan would have been a PIA to build as you couldn't pin any spars to the board without shimming them. So I flattened the bottom out just 3/32" and now I can build the wings by pinning the front and middle spars to the board, glue all the ribs in, put all 3 top spars on, and then when I've taken the wing off the plan I'll only have to install the bottom rear spar.

50.jpg

I do believe the second sheet of the plan is finished! So sheet 2 has the wing, all of the formers, cabanes (with the former drawing), "N" struts, horizontal tail, and the ribs.

51.jpg

Time to finish sheet 1. I still need to tweat on the position of the lower cabane mout. I also need to tweak on the vertical tail shape as it just still doesn't look 100% right to me. Then I have to finish drawing in all the details and label things, and finally finish the Landing gear design.

Then it's on to building!!!

52.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
I tweaked on the Fin and Rudder shape AGAIN lol, and I think I finally got it to look right to me. just needed to make the leading edge of the fin stand a little closer to vertical, made the radius a little bit smaller at the top rear of the rudder and shrunk the dorsal... There, it's staying like that, I'm not changing it again....... I hope..... lol

53.jpg

Slowly working up the fuse, making any small changes I find I don't like and drawing in detail. I'm hoping to order some wood Monday or Tuesday, so I can start making wing ribs.

54.jpg

I think there's a little bit of a SIZE Difference between my last 2 projects :epic:

55.jpg

I also got to do some flying today :)

WP_20160625_002.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Found these while Googling Krier Kraft Pictures. This is the Article on the plans that I am modifying, thought it be kinda cool to see how much grampa's and mine is different.

And I must apologize, I originally thought the original plans were from Flying Models magazine when in fact they are from Model Builder magazine.

59.jpg

58.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
Still tweaking things here and there. Been really slow because I haven't been working on them, mainly because I quit using chewing tobacco and have been in what they call the "dip fog" for a few days.

I think for the most part the plans are done, I have a good size job coming wiring a full scale Hatz Biplane that's going to take a few weeks when that's done I'll be starting on the tail feathers of the Krier :)

Bipeguy03

150cc
Wood is on its way!!

I know right!? Its about time lol, been spending most of my free time flying my Trueworthy 35% Pitts. I bought about $200 of balsa from Sig this afternoon (well yesterday afternoon now lol) should be darn near enough to frame the whole thing up.

Stay tuned for build pictures! :D