Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Bipeguy03, Jun 13, 2016.

1. I put some cloth tape in the aileron cove as a gap seal, and increased the aileron travel slightly. She's now waiting on weather so I can get some more flight time on her.

Over the next day or so I'm going to get the plans tweaked on and then get them up to the graphics shop to see how much it costs to get them scanned and/or some copies made for anyone that wants a set.

For now here's a couple pictures I took the day I test flew it before the maiden, it was pretty cool to see the Krier and the Skybolt together again, even though it's not Papaw's Skybolt lol.

624.jpg 625.jpg 626.jpg 627.jpg 628.jpg 629.jpg 630.jpg

stangflyer, js-rc, 49dimes and 5 others like this.
  2. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Very Very Nice!!! You should be proud and I'm sure your Granddad is smiling!!!

3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Nice shots. Thanks for bringing back some great memories. I remember when I could not wait to get to the field early with my 25% Bucker Jungmiester because I knew a Great Lakes and Steen Skybolt were there awaiting for some formation flying. A Fly Baby Bipe would join in time to time as well. They all flew Zenoa G-26's in them but I was a diehard YS guy. Wish I had pics of back then because they were almost identical to yours. Very NICE.

stangflyer, Alky6, Bipeguy03 and 2 others like this.
  4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Now "THAT" is a tribute. Total sweetness. Those planes look great. Congrats on your success......:way_to_go:

5. donnie fendley

donnie fendley New to GSN!

Any new flight test on the Krier Kraft,also updates on cost of plans. I have review all your flight vidos,the plane looks great in the air

6. Not a lot, life and weather got in the way a bit. The plans are ready to go to the local print shop and get scanned. I'll get that done in a few days when I get a few extra bucks lol.

After a lot of thought and back and forth about charging for them I've decided to just scan them to a PDF and mail them to whoever wants a set. If someone needs a hard copy I'll get a set printed and mailed at cost. And for the guys that just feel they have to pay for them I'll give them my PayPal address and they can give whatever they think is fair.

These are far from professionally drawn plans, and I just can't bring myself to charge anything for them.

I still think that just seeing a few people building an airplane I designed would be enough payment for me :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Wacobipe, HRRC Flyer, Alky6 and 3 others like this.
  7. donnie fendley

Any new flights on the krier kraft, yes i would like to get a PDF , IF can mail the PDF FILE AT 4762 Walteta Way Las Vegas ,Nevada 89119.I would like to start construction ASAP.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. donnie fendley

Ant new flights on the krier kraft,are any changes on the planes due to flight test?What is the total weight of the plane at present.Bipegui03 I would to get started on construction,look forward to here from you.