• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Dang that thing is just "PRETTY"! It is really nice to be in the company of such awesome builders. A built with your own two hands is very cool. When they come out looking like this one, it is very-very cool. I am so excited to see the photos and videos of it in the air.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Finishing the last little bit of painting. I painted the firewall, cowl mounts, the inside of the cowling, tail wheel bracket and tiller arm flat black. I then painted the upper landing wire tabs, and slave struts red as well as the bottom tail brace wire tab white. The slave struts and tabs will all be cleared tomorrow.

580.jpg

581.jpg

579.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hate to bring this up, but someone has to right? Soo, how you going to feel about flying that "Mona Lisa"? Sure you don't maybe wanna put it under a glass cover and just drool over it? Damn fine work my friend!

Bipeguy03

150cc
Hate to bring this up, but someone has to right? Soo, how you going to feel about flying that "Mona Lisa"? Sure you don't maybe wanna put it under a glass cover and just drool over it? Damn fine work my friend!

Ah, it isn't perfect which is just what I want (cause I'm not afraid to fly it). I'm starting to get excited about seeing it in the air, and I'm sure I'll be nervous but nothing will keep this bird on the ground. Heck I built it, I can fix it if I have to (hope not) and the worst thing that could happen is it gets destroyed, and if it does I'll build another one... At least that would give me the opportunity to fix some of the things I don't like about this one! ;) lol

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Ah, it isn't perfect which is just what I want (cause I'm not afraid to fly it). I'm starting to get excited about seeing it in the air, and I'm sure I'll be nervous but nothing will keep this bird on the ground. Heck I built it, I can fix it if I have to (hope not) and the worst thing that could happen is it gets destroyed, and if it does I'll build another one... At least that would give me the opportunity to fix some of the things I don't like about this one! ;) lol

Are you anything like me where your not too nervous before, a little nervous during, but have shaky hands after you land a taxi back?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep, I get pretty knocky knee'd for an hour or so after it's done, then I have to go basically annual the thing before the second flight to assure myself that its okay :)
And when I pull one apart to see what's what after maiden day I'm somehow always surprised that nothing fell off.:lol2:

Bipeguy03

150cc
It's really fun to be putting stuff together for the last time lol. This evening I attacked the aileron servos and the bottom ailerons.

585.jpg

Extensions made, and everything gathered up and ready to start.

586.jpg

Put the servo back on the hatch and thought I was going to have a big problem. The pocket for the servo was always tight, but the 94851 is less than 1/8" taller than the 94702 I used for mock ups and because of this the hatch wouldn't sit down all the way.. Luckily, a little grinding with the Dremel on the corner gussets of the pocket gave me enough room that it slid back together.

587.jpg

Ready for the aileron and push rod.

588.jpg

Pinning the aileron hinges in. I'm just using tooth picks for the pins glued in with CA. Once they are all done and CAREFULLY sanded down flush, I will dob a little paint on them and they will all but disappear.

589.jpg

Both ailerons are pre-rigged and ready to hook up to the RX and program :) Tomorrow I'm going to work on making the bungee cover out of some black leather, and finishing up the landing gear which still includes making bushings for the wheels, trimming the axels to the proper length and final assembly of the wheel pants.