• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 25% Krier Kraft build, a tribute to grampa.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Started putting fuse sheeting on this evening! Steel for the top wing mounts should be here tomorrow so I can finish the cabanes and then get the sheeting on the nose.

121.jpg

After I get the sheets on the sides I am on to putting the blocks for the tail fairing on and get them carved.

122.jpg

Slowly getting there!

123.jpg

Still have a little bit of carving to do on the stringers.

124.jpg

Another detail of grampa's that I had to mimic, scallop sheeting around the turtle deck stingers.

125.jpg

I guess I need to get to making the jig for the top wing mounts!

Bipeguy03

150cc
So I'm still plugging away on the fuse. I added a few more pieces of scalloped sheeting in the corners of the fuse sheeting to give the Koverall a better fall off. I also have been working on getting all the stringers final shaped so I could start on the tail fairing.

126.jpg

127.jpg

The extra pieces of scalloped sheeting I added, from the pictures I cannot tell were Grampa stopped the sheeting on the side of his so I has to make an educated guess.

128.jpg

The tail mock up to help get the fairing block carved, this was just tack glued in with a drop of CA so that it can be pulled out after the block is carved.

129.jpg

The block is then glued to former F9 and ready to be carved!

130.jpg

Tail fairing block is carved and I started mocking up the dorsal fin, I'm thinking it needs to be a little skinnier but it's close.

131.jpg

I'll need to add a piece of trussing to the bottom of the fin to give the covering an attach point.

132.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta put it on a box lol! I had been a little unsure of myself after I started putting the sheeting on thinking that some of the angles weren't right, but after using some boxes to hold the plane close to the stance it will have when sitting on the landing gear I feel better. I've spent too much time staring at the pictures of grampa's I guess :)

133.jpg

It's getting there!