• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
4BFBC1E1-1A02-476C-8B5A-0CA9FF9EC3E2.jpeg

Made some air ducts on the underside of the plane, this should be sufficient to get the hot air out of the fuselage. I believe this is required with the canisters now inside the fuselage.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
58F87402-EF53-4D51-8DC7-2085ED9EF758.jpeg

Well just did quick fit of the motor to the modified firewall and the motor box. The headers fit and and all looks good. Looking at the moments the plane is tail heavy. This always happens with scale copies of existing planes. Need to do something about this.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
84DBDD1E-85CD-43E4-AF3C-0099E7997283.jpeg

Cannot see much but the landing gear plate is in that took some doing to get it to fit properly and that all edges and sides had a good tight fit. Need a good solid fit do note like it when the gear plate comes out. If it does everything has to fail or break. Just have to add some gussets on the inside and the gear plate is off the list.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am getting frustrated the last couple of days. Everything that needs to be glued in place needs to be done with epoxy, this is great but I am working for 30 minutes and then have to wait 6 hours and then 20 minutes for the next part and again another 6 hours, the day is over. Just cannot get things done.