• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

103" Extra 330SC Building, Flying, and Questions

got the 120 stuffed in,, this one seems alot tighter than the first one. I havent trimmed the left side of the cowl but I think I will just a bit for the plug cap, it is touching and even pushing the cowl out a bit.
t

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 310

Bivens

50cc
Yes...I grind the "stick-up" from the center of the plug cap.....then make sure it only "rubs" the cowl's wood.....If any contact is made with the fiberglass, I add a "rub-plate" with a leftover control horn...so it doesn't wear through the cowl. I love the 120 in a 103 for sure....

Wondering if anyone is running a DA100L in this plane ? Is it possible to achieve the right CG with a rudder servo in the tail ? I HATE pull pull......

In that thing called a manual it says :)

Your Extra 330SC is equipped with two rudder servo locations.

If you use a lightweight engine such as most 85CC singles and light 100CC, use the forward rudder servo
locations in the fuselage and the pull-pull cables.

If you are using a larger engine such as 111-120CC you can use the rear servo locations and pushrods to
move the CG back if required

So if your using an 85 or DA-100L then use pull-pull up in the fuse. If using DA-100, DLE-111, DA-120 then use push pull in the tail.

I'm putting a 3w-100 in mine and planning on using one rudder servo using push/pull in the tail

Last edited by a moderator:

Bivens

50cc
Da100L is heavier than my 120....you will be fine with tail mounted rudder servos....the RX batts may not end up on the rudder tray, but there is a nice spot for them beside the RX or even up by the tanks if necessary.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
What's up guys. Just finished mine up last week and even in the dismal January weather in Seattle snuck out for a maiden and a few extra flights. Got the new v4 dle-111 under the hood and a 27x10 CF Xoar. Power is AMAZING and even with only 5 flights on her I know it'll only get better! Hitec 7954's all the way around on dual A123's into a powersafe receiver. 2 rudder servos in the tail and she's moves around nice and snappy like a crack yak! Be kind, I know it's logo's for another site...

DSCN1783.jpgDSCN1782.jpg2013-01-24_10-58-03_529.jpg2013-01-24_10-54-41_891.jpg2013-01-24_10-51-26_553.jpg2013-01-24_10-47-27_251.jpg2013-01-24_10-47-13_396.jpg

Here's a quickie vid from the 4th flight. Wind was from the right so had to make all my approaches and knifes from the opposite way I'm used to. Can't wait to get comfy with her and dig a little deeper!!!

[video=youtube;cvQB4RTjrAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvQB4RTjrAU[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Looks good.
Just my 2 cents, but I'd be a bit concerned on how the tanks are strapped in. A tank full of gas or oil
weights a lot and tend to want to move around.