• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

103" Extra 330SC Building, Flying, and Questions

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Manual: http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/assets/images/3DH-103EXTRA/3DH-103EXTRA-MANUAL.pdf

Specifications
Wingspan: 103"
Length: 99"
Wing Area: 2100 sq.in.
Weight (RTF): 23-27 lbs.

Recommended Components
Engine: 100-111cc
Motor: Hacker A100-8
ESC: Castle Creations ICE-HV 160A
Servos: Hitec HS-7955TG
Battery: Thunder Power 12S 10000mAh LiPo

Alternate Components
Engine: Desert Aircraft DA-85cc
Servos: Hitec HS-7950TG

Required to Complete
All Electronics (See Recommended Components)
Extensions: 2x 48" Heavy Duty
2x 24" Heavy Duty
1x 18" Heavy Duty
2x 12" Heavy Duty
Hardware: 4" Spinner
5-8x 2" Servo Arms
0-1x 4" Double-Side Servo Arm
VESS 27A Gas Propeller
or VESS 27B Gas Propeller
Adhesives: Thin CA
5-30min Epoxy
or Gorilla Glue

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I figured I'd start a thread on this bad boy since I'm a new owner of one. My build won't start for a while since I need to acquire a power system and servos yet. I'm leaning toawrds a DA-100L but I've heard that the Hacker Q80-6L pulls it around quite well with electrons.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Gas
[video=youtube_share;Z_uzWsTeGlc]http://youtu.be/Z_uzWsTeGlc[/video]

Electrons
[video=youtube_share;n4kfENIij5g]http://youtu.be/n4kfENIij5g[/video]

Vintauri

50cc
I figured I'd start a thread on this bad boy since I'm a new owner of one. My build won't start for a while since I need to acquire a power system and servos yet. I'm leaning toawrds a DA-100L but I've heard that the Hacker Q80-6L pulls it around quite well with electrons.

Somehow I just can't see you flying a gasser. :) But I'd be excited to hear how you felt after owning one for a while.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Somehow I just can't see you flying a gasser. :) But I'd be excited to hear how you felt after owning one for a while.

I know...but it would be 4-5 minute flights on electric...or just suck it up and learn about IC and go gas. I'm now on a hunt for a DA-120.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
So, I did a lot of pricing this morning and I think I've changed my desired setup (for now, at least) Going DA-100L (or DLE111) with 7955s everywhere except a 7950 on the rudder push-pull. (5665mh on throttle)

Cmala

70cc twin V2
So, I did a lot of pricing this morning and I think I've changed my desired setup (for now, at least) Going DA-100L (or DLE111) with 7955s everywhere except a 7950 on the rudder push-pull. (5665mh on throttle)

The 111 pulls this plane around very well