• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 1.8% EXTRA 300

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Oh man I am so excited. The wife said I could open my new plane before Christmas so today I was in kit builder mode. Eat your heart out Terryscustom ;).

I chose one of the best airframes to build for my new plane the Extra 300. Scale is an exact 1.8%, no need for a trailer here. This bad boy fit's right in my console.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
As with receiving all hits my biggest worry is if it survives the shipment. Well this time the USPS really came through. Not a stitch of damage.
Laser cutting was as good as it gets and before I knew it I had all pieces out on the table ready to go. They went old school with written instructions. I would have rather had a color online pdf so I can zoom in, but these were written clear and you won't get into any problem "if" you follow the instructions.

MXS_092.JPG

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
An absolute joy to build and in 2 minutes and 35 seconds I was ready to see what this baby can do. Check it out

Region capture 4.png

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice, but been there done that with the Viper ;)

Although now I like yours with the actual prop on the nose so I'll have to do that next time!!!! Mine does have gear, pants, wheels and a J&J tailwheel though!

image015.jpg

Attachments

• image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 279

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Back from a round of flying and it exceeded my expectations. Hovering is like it is on a pole with torque rolls right on the axis. Knife edge flight with zero coupling.

Region capture 5.png
Region capture 10.png
Region capture 9.png

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
LOL Ohio............this may just push me over the fence. I've always wanted to build a kit but didn't know if I have the skills and tools to build it properly. Yours looks so "locked-in" on the knife edge, hovers and torque rolls I think I'll give it a try. :cool: