• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well.....Here it is all done with the exception of the scale exhaust. Currently looking for some 1/4" copper tube and fittings.

GOPR0627.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks Snoop's. I have an idea on why the plane has a not so good glide slope. Yes the 17 pound (wet) take off weight is not helping but this thing should still "float" like a Cub. The stits covering on the wing is painted nicely but the fabric has not been sealed. You can blow air right through it rather easily. I think air is "bleeding" through hindering "lift" under the wing. Going to see if I can find something to spray to seal up the bottom of the wing.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Snoop's. I have an idea on why the plane has a not so good glide slope. Yes the 17 pound (wet) take off weight is not helping but this thing should still "float" like a Cub. The stits covering on the wing is painted nicely but the fabric has not been sealed. You can blow air right through it rather easily. I think air is "bleeding" through hindering "lift" under the wing. Going to see if I can find something to spray to seal up the bottom of the wing.
The only thing I can think off is Stits clear.

TonyHallo

150cc

Check out flex seal at the local hardware store!!!!!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Check out flex seal at the local hardware store!!!!!

Picked up a can of the clear today. Going to spray a piece of the covering I removed from the bottom when I made the access panel. If it looks decent the portion (between ribs) of the bottom wing will get masked and sprayed.

GOPR0634.JPG