• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ180B2-J champion

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So how did it come out?

What paint did you use for the red?

Sorry, I guess I forgot to post that on this site!!! Thanks for asking. I came out 38lb. 15oz less wheel pants. Basically will be a 39.5lb plane and from what I'm hearing from the ZDZ 180 this will be equal to a 35% plane with a DA120 in relation to performance. Sounds exciting!!! Now, as we are heading into our second weekend of below zero temps...... to avoid frostbite I will not be doing the first startup of the engine for at least a few more weeks :(

Spats

100cc
Sorry, I guess I forgot to post that on this site!!! Thanks for asking. I came out 38lb. 15oz less wheel pants. Basically will be a 39.5lb plane and from what I'm hearing from the ZDZ 180 this will be equal to a 35% plane with a DA120 in relation to performance. Sounds exciting!!! Now, as we are heading into our second weekend of below zero temps...... to avoid frostbite I will not be doing the first startup of the engine for at least a few more weeks :(

I think it's going to be more like a 150 in a 35% plane. One of my ZDZ 180's is in a 46lb plane and it's got mega POWER. You are going to be so happy:brian-banana: Might need a throttle cuuuuuuurrrrrrvvvvveeee

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I think it's going to be more like a 150 in a 35% plane. One of my ZDZ 180's is in a 46lb plane and it's got mega POWER. You are going to be so happy:brian-banana: Might need a throttle cuuuuuuurrrrrrvvvvveeee

That's awesome, I'll try to avoid the curve with prop selection. I know your elevation is as close to negative as possible but what prop are you running as your favorite on the 180 so far??

Spats

100cc
That's awesome, I'll try to avoid the curve with prop selection. I know your elevation is as close to negative as possible but what prop are you running as your favorite on the 180 so far??

I use the 3D 3W prop. It will rip on top end so use good throttle management. The prop is designed for slow to midrange flight, puts a lot of air on the surfaces at slow speeds. Dam thing cost a fortune thowwww

Question, how low does the carb get relative to the mount?

The reason why I ask is that the firewall on a Dalton is not as tall as a Pilot or other plane. It's designed around something like a DA 150/170 etc. and I just want to make sure that if I went this route, that I'd still be able to get it in and not have the carb resting on the motorbox floor.