• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

YS-140 low compression

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Also.......I rebuilt a 140L with a new crank, crank ring, and piston/piston ring. I traded it to a friend who I know still has it and has never operated it. It is going to Perry this year but I bet you could steal it from him if your 140 craps on you. Also I would rebuild your 140 if you want for just the cost of parts (if it needs it).

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
If you need it serviced I would be more than happy to help a brother out. To distinguish the different models of the 140......

140 FZ- crankcase front bearing housing is a shiny machined surface. Looks like any other YS 120 class engine.
140L- crankcase front bearing housing has a brown looking elastomer coating for the YS engine mounting system.
140 dingo- has a first generation fuel injector going to the top of the cylinder head.(similar to the new DZ engines). May also have the elastomer on the crankcase front bearing housing (later models of the dingo is also shiny).

M

Matt

We have a ys140L and a 170Cdi on a couple pattern planes... The 140L never had much compression until it built up the pressure in the fuel system... Then it runs like a scalded dog! They are quite unique in there fuel system in that they have a pressurized system hence the reason you almost must start with a starter... Love the engines please keep us updated on what is going on..

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
If you need it serviced I would be more than happy to help a brother out. To distinguish the different models of the 140......

140 FZ- crankcase front bearing housing is a shiny machined surface. Looks like any other YS 120 class engine.
140L- crankcase front bearing housing has a brown looking elastomer coating for the YS engine mounting system.
140 dingo- has a first generation fuel injector going to the top of the cylinder head.(similar to the new DZ engines). May also have the elastomer on the crankcase front bearing housing (later models of the dingo is also shiny).
i might take you up on that @49dimes;! but it's going to be a while before the plane ends up on my bench. got a few small quads to build and just scored a big big airframe review for the site. trying to clear everything out before it gets here!