• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

YS-140 low compression

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Another engine question!

I just got my Hydeout back (2M pattern by Chip Hyde) from a friend of mine that "bought" it from me early last year (maybe the year before?). The engine is a YS140 and it's got almost no compression. I don't remember what it had when @Cub Man "bought" it from me, is it normal for a YS140 to have very little compression?

What might it be? valves? cam? rings? anything else that typically happens to these engines?

Thanks!
Bart

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Been out selling off some YS engines:p. @Bartman the 140 comes in 3 different flavors! 140FZ, 140L and 140 dingo. Which one you got? The FZ is typical to traditional YS internals and the other two incorporate a crank shaft ring as well as ported piston crowns. But as the other guys have said run it first and see if the compression comes back. Piston rings and valves like to stick when the engine has not been run in some time.