• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Always a good deal when you can have fun at work. Not to many people get to do what they love for a living bud.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Progressing forward.

Landing gear on.
20160315_193626_resized.jpg

Engine back on.
1609706_10209747497391099_9045422115773933915_n.jpg

Tonight probably start to get stuff mounted inside. Cowl probably this weekend if I get a chance.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh man bet your excited. Glad you have your stuff back. Is that all thats left to do other than putting back together again. Way to go bro.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just a couple of hours of work left really, most of the work is going to be cutting the cowl again. What I hated the most was measuring the holes for the exhaust, anybody have any tips to make that process easier with a 1 piece cowl?

Bipenut53

150cc
Hey [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] this video helped me a lot for cutting my one piece cowl for a twin at the 18:24 minute mark Chris is measuring and cutting the cowl. Maybe this will help, I know its not an Aerobeez airplane but sure good tips for the cowl process

[video=youtube;b863uIazdfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b863uIazdfs[/video]

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That was a good video, thanks for the suggestion [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] . I wonder if the cowl will actually fit over the mufflers to measuring like in the video, the stock mufflers stick down pretty far...

Also, he mentioned cutting a hole for fresh air to flow to the carb- is that totally necessary? I never had problems before..

Bipenut53

150cc
Well speaking from a mechanic point of view... Yes the hole does help, fresh cooler air is always better than warmer air from inside. The cooler air will add a little more power and a constant air temp for fuel to air mixture. With my application, I can reach inside the hole with my finger to flip the choke closed or open, no added wire for choke needed.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That was the first time I've seen someone do that so that's why I asked. Colton said there's no need for it if I didn't have problems before, so I think I'll skip it unless a problem arises.