• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Xfc 2014!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Have heard some interesting reports coming from XFC. Lots of carnage at the field, including multiple air frame structural failures in flight. Hope to have more info tomorrow!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, unfortunately Jonathan Jennings lost one of his airframes, the new 100cc Aeroworks Extra 260 due to a battery failure, and his damage was from the ground.

This is a picture the official XFC account uploaded to facebook:
10301515_655795987822927_5478559712952283688_n.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got this message from [MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION]

"So, I had engine trouble when I just went up, the whole front end of my airplane had to be ripped apart within 15 minutes or I would be DQ'd.

Up runs Andrew Jesky and a massive pit crew with every tool imaginable.

Within ten minutes we were able to change everything except the engine block, servos, RX, and RX batteries, and have the plane in the air.

This included soldering all new connectors...

The RC community (especially the top pilots) Rocks."

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2

"So, I had engine trouble when I just went up, the whole front end of my airplane had to be ripped apart within 15 minutes or I would be DQ'd.

Within ten minutes we were able to change everything except the engine block, servos, RX, and RX batteries, and have the plane in the air.

That is amazing! I love to hear this kind of selflessness in our hobby.

AKfreak

150cc

Truly inspirational, and I hope you do well.

You know, there isn't much coverage of this event. Futaba, pays all that money to put on a huge event, and they seem to rely on one person to post a few snaps on Facebook. Look here Two Cell Phone plane vids, and a couple of stills since the event started. I don't get it. Are they asleep at the switch or what. If I was heading up this event, I would have an entire crew who's sole job is Social Media. I would be doing Flight Video, interviews with all the pilots, Behind The Scenes, up to date standing, breaking news, vendor spotlights, and tons of GOOD photos. I would be posting to Istagram , FB, Twitter, ect..

I am sure they want the industry to grow, they want fresh new faces, they want to grow attendance, but they wont even do the simple stuff. Social media coverage of an event is year round (basically free) advertisement, that serves your business over and over again unit the next year, and it starts again with the following years event. Then it becomes historical record.

I also think, it just inst Futaba dropping the ball, it is basically almost everyone that hosts an event. They rely on the generosity of others (spectators) to so cover their event. I really am at a loss for words. Think about it, if you take away Higher Plane, SleepyC, (some Hobby King, be it self serving) and at handful at RCG most of the big events would be covered with an iPhone and handful of amateurs that think they do good work. Send me to XFC, Nall, Seff, ect.. with the sole purpose of covering an event, you would what a motivated professional can do.

Ok I am sorry for the rant, I just want to see the RC community strive to do better, MUCH BETTER, so we all (those who cant attend these big events) can get a taste of whats going on in in the NOW.

3dbandit

100cc
Truly inspirational, and I hope you do well.

You know, there isn't much coverage of this event. Futaba, pays all that money to put on a huge event, and they seem to rely on one person to post a few snaps on Facebook. Look here Two Cell Phone plane vids, and a couple of stills since the event started. I don't get it. Are they asleep at the switch or what. If I was heading up this event, I would have an entire crew who's sole job is Social Media. I would be doing Flight Video, interviews with all the pilots, Behind The Scenes, up to date standing, breaking news, vendor spotlights, and tons of GOOD photos. I would be posting to Istagram , FB, Twitter, ect..

I am sure they want the industry to grow, they want fresh new faces, they want to grow attendance, but they wont even do the simple stuff. Social media coverage of an event is year round (basically free) advertisement, that serves your business over and over again unit the next year, and it starts again with the following years event. Then it becomes historical record.

I also think, it just inst Futaba dropping the ball, it is basically almost everyone that hosts an event. They rely on the generosity of others (spectators) to so cover their event. I really am at a loss for words. Think about it, if you take away Higher Plane, SleepyC, (some Hobby King, be it self serving) and at handful at RCG most of the big events would be covered with an iPhone and handful of amateurs that think they do good work. Send me to XFC, Nall, Seff, ect.. with the sole purpose of covering an event, you would what a motivated professional can do.

Ok I am sorry for the rant, I just want to see the RC community strive to do better, MUCH BETTER, so we all (those who cant attend these big events) can get a taste of whats going on in in the NOW.

There has been a few crews hired by xfc, on site all week.

There have been interviews of every pilot, and videos of every flight.

It is very hard to have live coverage as the event never stops. Events like nall and seff stop at night, and are slow paced.

Xfc is a high energy competition that never stops. There is too much going on at all times of the day to stop and post info.