• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WRAM 2013: 3DRCF Event Coverage and Member Experiences!

hosam

70cc twin V2
I grew up in NY so I attended the show from late 80's to 2005 and have watch it evolve and then slowly dissolve and I do hope it comes back to life like it was, however, nothing beats the Toledo show.

This will be my 9th year going since moving out to MI and cannot wait.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Had a good time at the WRAM show catching up with Noll, Arron, Joe, Jim, Chris, Glenn, and James at 3DHS. Was great to see the DA 35 and DA-70 and catch up with all the guys at DA as well. As always Lee and Colton were a pleasure to fly and hang out with in the cage, Horizon is lucky to have them. I was also able to meet Dave Lockhart and the same goes for him. My friends from IMAC and the AMA were working hard as always. It was very encouraging to get a peak at the things that the AMA is doing for FPV pilots to keep them and other hobbyists safe from overzealous legislators eager to take advantage of the "drone" paranoia.

It was also great to meet Moose and Pontus. Moose and I got into an enthusiastic discussion about aileron servos which only left a few bruises and very little blood (kidding!). It was also great to meet Luke of Luke's RC; it was awesome to be able to send everybody who asked about the Twisted foamies I was flying right to Luke's booth.

Was also awesome to see Erik and Aaron Griffin; Aaron was tearing it up with his Crack Yaks. Tommy Maharis was also flying really well and I look forward to seeing him on the IMAC circuit this summer.

It was also great to check out the Epsrit booth. The Jeti DS-16 is a great transmitter and I look forward to getting one!

djmoose

70cc twin V2
It was also great to meet Moose and Pontus. Moose and I got into an enthusiastic discussion about aileron servos which only left a few bruises and very little blood (kidding!).

I apologize for throwing my protractor at you. My bad on that. :cool:

coreman

50cc
Anyone going to Toledo or SEFF this year? I see a topic for Nall but nothing for the other two. I was sure that if there was a WRAM topic Toledo would get coverage. Anyway, I'll be doing a good part of the show circuit this year, including the 3 I mentioned. Not sure if Warbirds over Delaware counts as a 3D event ;) but Nall and SEFF both have dedicated 3D flight lines

njswede

150cc
I've always wanted to go to SEFF, but it's really out of the way for me and I've been hearing rumors it's not going to be that great this year...

wedoitall

I just hope to get to fly with some of you guys this summer. would be a blast, plus maybe yall can show a noob a thing or 3.

coreman

50cc
I've always wanted to go to SEFF, but it's really out of the way for me and I've been hearing rumors it's not going to be that great this year...

I'm in Mass. I'll pick you up on the way by! (I totally understand)

I just hope to get to fly with some of you guys this summer. would be a blast, plus maybe yall can show a noob a thing or 3.

+1

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Anyone going to Toledo or SEFF this year? I see a topic for Nall but nothing for the other two. I was sure that if there was a WRAM topic Toledo would get coverage. Anyway, I'll be doing a good part of the show circuit this year, including the 3 I mentioned. Not sure if Warbirds over Delaware counts as a 3D event ;) but Nall and SEFF both have dedicated 3D flight lines

It was good to see you at the WRAM show and catch up Jim. Thanks for your advice, I will keep it in mind as I move forward.

SEFF was a blast for me last year and probably one of my most important events. I have heard that unfortunately a lot of the people I had a great time with will not be there. Based on the amount of events I have planned, I don't think I will make SEFF 2013. However it's always a great time and a one-of-a-kind event so if you have the opportunity to go you should take it.

The 3D lines at SEFF and Nall are very different....SEFF is like racing four of your friends around Daytona in go-carts, Joe Nall is like racing twenty other people through a Dunkin' Donuts drive-through in monster trucks.

coreman

50cc
Just felt it was best to give you that heads up. i would love to hear your impressions as things unfold. glad we happened to cross paths and you mentioned it. It was very specific to my club in the very beginning so I saw the start. YMMV

I heard so much about SEFF from TheCrashCast last year and Bildo's videos that I figure I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to hit all the reachable venues this year at least once. I'll probably go to eNall as well and some of the Warbird shows and NEAT of course

Great visual!!

Will you be doing the wednesday night sessions this year? I'd love to get some pointers/hints with the Byper

And to get back on topic, I'll be talking about the WRAM show on TheCrashCast this weekend. Show #200. not that I escaped the booth and saw very much of it when things were open

I am going to do my usual 1 day Toledo visit on friday. I get to fly for free, so the whole day costs me under a $100 including the car rental, just a long day. This year I am probably going by myself. I will have photos and say hi to the 3DHS crew and pick up something, probably a gas tank. Kind of hard to bring back a ARF on Delta.