• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WRAM 2013: 3DRCF Event Coverage and Member Experiences!

gyro

GSN Contributor
WRAM 2013! We're you there? Was your foamy stuck in the rafters? Did you fly foamy combat, meet the 3DHS guys or see a new plane you want?

Tell us about it! NJSwede and TK McCormack were there representing 3DRCF and will share there coverage here as well!

joshgluck

100cc
Everyone must still be at the WRAM ;)

Thanks to Noll and all the 3dhs guys at the booth today for helping me add to the hangar! I was happy I could show you guys the duck tape handle with the extra tail weight..

Drumroll.....
Picked up a new 42" Slick, a 58" Edge and also all the bits for my JCSF auction bought 48" EPP Extra airframe.

A very big thanks to Joe & Jim Smith for the chat, pictures and autographing both airframes. It is awesome to see such a great representative of the sport hanging in the 3dhs booth being so humble and just a regular guy WITH all the support from his father. Really a great time today. I completely forgot to talk to you guys about the dubai trip, etc.. wow.

Hope you all get a chance to hit up the show. Ill post the pic w/ Joe when I get a chance.

20130222112303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!
Spent the day at the WRAM show, got to meet a lot of new people, including NJSwede, great guy! If you're on the fence about going, 3DHS has a room full of awesomeness for sale!!! Joe and Dad, Noll, DJMoose, xsubsailor, Chris Thorpe, and Aaron Bates and the gang are there. DA Motors are 'flying' off the shelves. Got some foamie flying in, checked out the vendors, and had a nice dinner. If your around on Saturday, come say hi!!!

njswede

150cc
Yeah, that was a great way to spend the afternoon! Great to meet all of you.

A little teaser picture from the foamie flying. I'm working on the video. It needs a bit of editing to be fun to watch. I got some of the mayhem with you, Cody and the Horizon guys flying. I think Tyler may have been in that mess for a while too! :)

IMG_2942.jpg

dskuro95

100cc
new 87" SHP

Me, zmonster, steven mccormack, and tyler mccormack talked today. Talkes to Chris Thorpe(IMAC buddy, team 3DHS member) talked a while about IMAC, and I got Joe to sign my wing(he did the same to my 47" SHP). He hates doing it so I made him LOL

2013-02-22 22.19.11.jpg2013-02-22 22.19.31.jpg2013-02-22 22.24.01.jpg2013-02-22 22.24.09.jpg

njswede

150cc
Wram 2013

I spend my Friday afternoon at the WRAM 2013 show in Secaucus, NJ. However, it almost felt like I was going to a 3DRCForums reunion! :) I ran into about a dozen folks that are active on the site or sponsors of the site. Of course Joe Smith himself was there and I got to snap a picture of him with the newest pride of 3DHS, the 92" Edge 540! That thing looks SWEET and I'm trying to come up with a strategy for not getting one when it comes out...

edge_small.jpg edge_joe_small.jpg

I also had a chance to chat with Colten Clark from Horizon. He's the assistant designer working with Quique Somenzini and is one of the brains behind the Visionaire EPO foam 3D park flyer. He told me about the design process and how this is their contribution to making 3D more accessible to everyone. I hope I have the chance to fly one of these some day.

IMG_2927.jpg

Over at the Desert Aircraft booth, I ran into another familiar face: Tyler McCormack and his dad. Tyler has just secured sponsorship from DA and told me about all the sweetness they're hooking him up with. And I agree with Tyler's dad when he said "These machines are just too beautiful to cover up inside the cowl". Congratulations to Tyler for his success and partnership with DA!

IMG_2930.jpg

Speaking of the McCormack family, here's another member of that family, our very own 3DRCF Team pilot Steven "The Knife" sporting his team shirt. All you folks competing in the 3D and aerobatics world, this young guy is someone you have to watch out for!

IMG_2942.jpg IMG_2949.jpg

Steven even gave me a little sampling of his awesome skills over at the foamie area:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6sFy84ALKo&feature=youtu.be

To be continued...

njswede

150cc
The WRAM show is basically like a giant hobby store with some pretty nice discounts. It's fun to just stroll around looking at all the stuff you never had any idea you needed.

IMG_2907.jpg

And who do we have here drooling over a Jeti radio? Our own site member and TwistedHobbys team pilot Cody Wojcik! The Jeti is a sweet looking radio that uses Hall effect sensors instead of pots for the sticks, resulting in smoother, more exact movements and longer life since there are no parts rubbing against each other.

IMG_2932.jpgIMG_2933.jpg

Another really cool aspect of the WRAM show is the scale model exhibit and contest. The A10 with the arctic scheme was HOT! I would love to hear this turbine-powered model roar down the runway!

IMG_2919.jpgIMG_2920.jpgIMG_2921.jpgIMG_2923.jpg

Over at the foamie cage, the mayhem was in full swing with Cody and the McCormack kids flying with the Horizon team pilots. Cody managed to get his Mini Crack Yak stuck in the ceiling and Colten from Horizon kept trying to knock him down with his flying wing. There was some really cool and daring piloting skill on display and they finally got the plane down. Being a TwistedHobbys model, it was still in perfect shape!

IMG_2959.jpg

The WRAM show is a fantastic way to see what's going on in the RC business, meet new and old friends and score some gear at discount prices. There's still a few hours left, so if you're in the area, you should check it out!

Well. very disappointed with the Wram show this year. Wasn't even able to get all the supplies I was looking for, let alone a new plane. A number of distributors I was looking for from the list of exhibitors didn't show, and the ones who were there had almost nothing with them. ( And I was there on Friday...first day) On top of that, the distributors that were there didn't seem interested in helping anyone that showed up at their booths. 3DHS had a very limited number of planes with them and seemed way too busy bs'ing to be bothered with people trying to get info from them. ( my buddy was interested in purchasing an omega 130, but it was over priced compared to the website (( $60.00 at the show ????)) and no one was willing to answer a question )