• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Who on GSN hunts whitetail deer ?

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Those are some nice bucks Mike!.
WV gun season opens on Monday. I'll be out with my pistols :fist_pump:. Been handgun hunting for about 30 + years now. TC Contender Super 14 in 30-30 Ackley Improved for long range stuff (out to 200 yds) and a Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag for closer work. Each has taken numerous deer over the years. Nice thing is you can carry both with proper holsters, and still have 2 hands free to climb into your stand.

Here's a few from WV and VA.
DSC01935A.jpg Bucks.jpg

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I don't hunt anymore but here are some deer that I mounted when I was doing a little taxidermy.

Attachments

• Life size deer finished 005.jpg
    Life size deer finished 005.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Lifesize deer.jpg
    Lifesize deer.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 266
  • lifesize 2005 023.jpg
    lifesize 2005 023.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 361
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 297
Ahh tenderloin,and some fresh sweet meat, dats what I'm talking about. Beautiful velvet shots Mike. I had a passion for deer hunting, that consumed me, most everything revolved around deer season, until about 15 years ago I fell out my stand and, broke my back, took me almost 2 years to walk again, that all but ended all my hunting. I get much over 3' off ground now, and I lock up.

Comical story of a hunt I was on, I was up a tree setting back, enjoying the wild life. I saw a couple foxes run threw, heard some turkey's, saw a few nannies, was just waiting on old big boy to come by, sure enough I hear something, but I can't see it. Finally I see what it was I heard, and I like to have crapped myself, the biggest Turkey I had ever seen, well that's what I was trying to convince, myself it was, actually didn't know what it was, just a big ass bird, an even though I was up a tree holding a 30-06, I was still a bit freaked out. turned out to be an Emu, still ain't figured out where that thing came from, but talk about having a come to God moment.
Oh that is funny !:laughing:

We're usually out of the RC world by the time gun season rolls around here in Georgia in October. Taken some decent ones, but seeing some of the deer in this thread... I'm just gonna leave my pictures on my computer. LOL

On a side note, turkey season is next month!:fist_pump:

quadracer

100cc
Dropped this guy in 2011, I was standing beside a big oak tree when he walked by at barrel's length. I had to wait for him to get past a few steps before I could fire. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423675739.069207.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423675750.524493.jpg