• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which Radio System Is Best?

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Mikeq;11945 wrote: Currently using Futaba...thought about giving Jeti a try until I saw this..http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2169257&postcount=20

Oh my that would really piss me off, pay that kind of money for that radio to have that happen.

Mikeq

150cc
Ohio AV8TOR;11999 wrote: Oh my that would really piss me off, pay that kind of money for that radio to have that happen.

My sentiments exactly.... even with some hard stick banging it should of broke off like that... had be some kind of manufacture defect...

FULLTILT

30cc
Mikeq;11945 wrote: Currently using Futaba...thought about giving Jeti a try until I saw this..http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2169257&postcount=20
that does not look good at all.

FULLTILT

30cc
i am only assuming (and i do know what happens when you ass-u-me) that we are only speaking of transmitters/recievers here, maybe we ought to go with a poll of servos too??

FULLTILT;12143 wrote: i am only assuming (and i do know what happens when you ass-u-me) that we are only speaking of transmitters/recievers here, maybe we ought to go with a poll of servos too??

Geeze....you're a glutton for punishment....aren't ya.... :D

CB

wesley.

70cc twin V2
My first radio was a World radio it was just a big yellow box with sticks. My dad gave it to me when i was learning to fly with a sig kadet sr. Its amazing how far all of this has come. Ive been flying spekrtum ever since i started paying for things never had any issues.

2walla

50cc
Ohio AV8TOR;11999 wrote: Oh my that would really piss me off, pay that kind of money for that radio to have that happen.

There are a couple of others that have had a stick break off. I like the jeti, it has the best protocol, but it has too many user software things you can configure for the average modeler that can result in a smoking hole.

I think it needs to mature a bit. I dont want a new firmware/software every week. Great that they are responsive but then again who wants to keep loading updates, I think i am going to go to a dx 18 with my 12x as a backup until things sort out a bit. I probably will get a jeti eventually unless somebody else gets their chit together.. Shoot maybe spektrum will eventually pckage their radio in a nice case so that it doesn't feel like a 19.99 pos from hobbyking. Put the dx 18 in a jr 12x case or shoot even. A 9503 case and you would have something...

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
True updates happen a lot with my graupner. But it's great. With jr and spektrum you wish for some changes but it almost never happens. With mine they are actively listening on the forums and making the changes we want. So for that I give two thumbs up. And their more than half the price lol