• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which Radio System Is Best?

FULLTILT

30cc
Has been Futaba for many many years, but they are sure getting hard to deal with. Just don't seem to give the good customer service that they used to.

thurmma

150cc
First radio was an FM Airtronics, then had some Hitech 4 channel radios, then a Futaba 7 channel 72mhz and when I went to 2.4 I went back to Airtronics for the programming simplicity and have had both the RDS 8000 and the 10G. The 10G is an awesome radio in my books. Easier to program then the RDS8000, which was easier than anything I had used before it. So for me it is Airtronics.

Ohio AV8TOR;11465 wrote: :yes-i-fully-agree-s The problem with these types of polls are the results are more what radio are you flying and are you happy with it.

Oh, the poll is just BS. I figured we have a place to argue oil, why not it's kindred right along side it ;-)

castlebravo;11582 wrote: What!......No Polk Tracker II? A great radio for those who needed to do several things at the same time....sorta

CB

Poll only allows 10 options, I literally went over to RCG (aghast!) last night when I created this and scanned their radio forum for names of radios.

In all seriousness....Loved my JR PCM 10sx back in the day......traded it in for a 9ZAP and never looked back. Today....the only way you'll get my 14MZ outta my hands is if you sneek a 18MZ in its place!

Gotta bud flyin the new Jeti radio....he loves it! More of a "Tray" radio.....but he flys with a tray anyway. Whatever you end up with nowadays is going to be a great radio. You just have to select the "feel" and the programming capabilities that suit you.

CB

bigblueswope;11589 wrote: Poll only allows 10 options, I literally went over to RCG (aghast!) last night when I created this and scanned their radio forum for names of radios.
Yeah....that was a little joke there :D The Tracker II was an awful radio. They tried real hard to make it competitive but the software was real buggy....not somethin you want while flying.....well anything.....

CB

castlebravo;11600 wrote: Yeah....that was a little joke there :D The Tracker II was an awful radio. They tried real hard to make it competitive but the software was real buggy....not somethin you want while flying.....well anything.....

CB

Oh, I see, said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw!