• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which electrical connector do you prefer, and why?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I like your wood block with a hole trick. Thanks for sharing.

yeah, that trick is money! putting the bullets into a metal vise (like I have been) causes some heat loss into the vise, this solves that!

So glad to have tuned in to check that pic out. Awesome idea. Get a block and label a bunch of different size hole (6mm, 8mm etc...) Making that tomorrow!

Yowzilla

50cc
I guess it is common knowledge in the Heli world and not so much in the plane world. If I think about it, it makes some since. Helis over the past 3-4 years have been mostly High power / capacity Lipo powered and the bullet connectors are a must. So wood as a bullet fixture is not as a new method...

I am glad I did not just assume and not post the pic...Cool I could help...

We have done bullets with two people trying to hold pliers and a few other contraptions as well and have also fallen prey to the dreaded "Cold Solder Joint." Definitely bet this idea is a sure fire hookup! Thanks again!

maxx4wd

50cc
[MENTION=2668]Yowzilla[/MENTION] - thanks for that technique. I've been using a metal jig with a fairly hot iron and was still getting cold joints - can't believe I didn't think if that earlier but such a simple elegant solution to a fairly common problem.

Yowzilla

50cc
[MENTION=2668]Yowzilla[/MENTION] - thanks for that technique. I've been using a metal jig with a fairly hot iron and was still getting cold joints - can't believe I didn't think if that earlier but such a simple elegant solution to a fairly common problem.

Again...glad I could help.. [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] - wonder if I am up for tip of the month....maybe win some vinyl stickers for the Edge....? just joking...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Again...glad I could help.. [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] - wonder if I am up for tip of the month....maybe win some vinyl stickers for the Edge....? just joking...

Yeah, I can get you something :)

Btw, you decide on a full scheme for it yet? I've got some new ideas