• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wheels!

Huck Truck

New to GSN!
I got a reply from DIS.....their 110mm 6 spoke aluminum rims are 9 oz (each) including the bearings....about double the weight of White Rose 4" wheels. Their width is 7/8".
Thanks I'm glad I didn't order them, 9 ounces is way too much. Some of the other 110mm aluminum center wheels I looked at were just under 5 ounces. Thanks for checking into that before I wasted my money.

Skyluc

50cc
Problem is roller blade wheels are super small. Need 4" (100mm) or larger for 35% and larger planes or they look out of place.

The two sets I ordered are 110 and 120mm from two different mfg's to test the weight. Either way I know I can use them on my two 40+% planes that will need wheels next year.
the speed inline rollers can have wheels up to 110 mm,

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Yesterday I found wheels around 5oz if remember well,and usually the inline roller wheels are lighter than scooter wheels
My kids aluminum scooter has similar wheels to the big inline skate wheels and they are quite a bit heavier than the 110mm inlines. I think they are wider too. I will weigh mine when I get a chance to go buy a 9 volt battery for my digital scale. Really? A 9 volt. Who uses that anymore?

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
My guess is most of the weight is the bearings. The are WAY larger than we need for airplanes. Although the tire compound may be heavier as well.....again, they have to put up with much more abuse than we can dish out in a plane (at least most of us :oblong: )

Dan767

70cc twin V2
I am packing for Tucson tonight and just notice the wheels of the suitcase...???

Herve,

As a frequent flyer, we usually replace our suitcase wheels with....skate wheels. Wheels on my Travel Pro suitcase are fairly hard, on my second set now. Biggest point of failure usually is the bearings. Dropping the suitcase off the curb getting into the taxi/van does take its toll on the bearings though. Two bearing sizes one is the 608, other has a bushing.