• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wheels!

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Hey I do have several that the tread is worn completely off. They are pretty much smooth!
I don't know how farms can afford those. I worked with a relative down in Oklahoma that has a mobile business changing tractor flats. Has a hoist on his truck because those weigh so much. We put tubes in some of them and they pinch the tubes half the time. Most are filled with water and the bead on the rims get rusty. He showed me the invoice for the cost of those tires. BIG BUCKS.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
We put a china made one on a guys tractor that was in the middle of a field he was brushing. It was an open tractor and he was doing it in 102 degree heat. Tough work. I respect where my food comes from, thats for sure. The chinese radials are stiffer but half the cost almost.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Experiment 52-7. "Operation groundloop". So here is how the wheels fair when you skid sideways. Wheel.....perfect. Landing gear........paint flakey but perfect. Axle.......not so good but they bent and in my opinion saved the plane from damage. Ordering up new pau axles.
20151101_124854.jpg

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
The loop was my fault. I have not modified the tailwheel spring for more athority in a crosswind. It's lumpy on one part of our grass field and the back wheel bounces like a pinball. I may do the rubber tubing setup.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I am actually glad I inadvertently got to test out the strength of the gear and the axles with the skinny inline wheels. I think I will take the bearings out and clean the grease out of the bearings and let them get rusty so the plane doesn't roll out so long.