• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wheels!

Dan767

70cc twin V2
If you need a larger size. 125mm

Attachments

• Crispwheels.jpeg
    Crispwheels.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 259

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Ok, so, so far I did one flight with the new wheels. To me it seems a little more wing rocky in high alpha but I also had a new carbon prop so I may be not used to the 28x9 carbon instead of the 27x10 wood before. Knife edge seemed the same.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Switched back to the 27x10 and flew much better. My edge tracks really nice in the grass with these wheels and there is no squeaks or chatter no matter how fast you land. Very smooth. You guys that fly alot will have to try them and report.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Certainly a lot of different wheel choices! I don't fly every day or every weekend but I see these as having a benefit of having to do less maintenance and of course the "POP" they bring to your plane. I LIKE! Thanks for posting @witchfingers :way_to_go:.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I have a spare set of the ones in my posts. They came as a set of 4 so if anyone wants a set of the white and black K2 wheels with bearings and the tubing, p,m me. They are 110 mm.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I got a reply from DIS.....their 110mm 6 spoke aluminum rims are 9 oz (each) including the bearings....about double the weight of White Rose 4" wheels. Their width is 7/8".

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I got a reply from DIS.....their 110mm 6 spoke aluminum rims are 9 oz (each) including the bearings....about double the weight of White Rose 4" wheels. Their width is 7/8".

OUCH! I ordered a couple of cool sets of 110mm and 120mm off of Ebay. One set is in USA and the other was kick ass but coming from Australia so those will be a week or two. If they are that heavy I guess I'll use them on my 40 centers.

Skyluc

50cc
Yesterday I found wheels around 5oz if remember well,and usually the inline roller wheels are lighter than scooter wheels

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Problem is roller blade wheels are super small. Need 4" (100mm) or larger for 35% and larger planes or they look out of place.

The two sets I ordered are 110 and 120mm from two different mfg's to test the weight. Either way I know I can use them on my two 40+% planes that will need wheels next year.

Attachments

• 231581996868_1.jpg
    231581996868_1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 256
  • m1fOLySja10YeGcft6jUSxQ.jpg
    m1fOLySja10YeGcft6jUSxQ.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 223