• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Wild man

70cc twin V2
The Postman brought me this nice Flap ship Spektrum IX20 Transmitter with case. I now have over 25 planes in it. Love the OTF function it has to adjust items such as dual rates, Expo, differential knife edge mixing, while in flight and more also like the My list function I can program for each plane. This transmitter is great.
IX20.jpg

Last edited:

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I ordered two more War Birds today. The E-flite P-39 Airocobra and a Fight line 1600mm Bird cage F4U Corsair now the wait begins LOL!!!!

TonyHallo

150cc
Started collecting items for the next build, 30% Hostetler Chipmunk. Picked up the National Balsa Kit last season from a fellow flier. The graphics are from Kirby Graphics, real nice. Already had the plans, bought those in Toledo a few years ago. The Cowl, Canopy and Pants are on order from National Balsa. Thinking of using Robart 5/8" Robo Struts for the landing gear. Power?, plans show a DA 120.

IMG_1178.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Started collecting items for the next build, 30% Hostetler Chipmunk. Picked up the National Balsa Kit last season from a fellow flier. The graphics are from Kirby Graphics, real nice. Already had the plans, bought those in Toledo a few years ago. The Cowl, Canopy and Pants are on order from National Balsa. Thinking of using Robart 5/8" Robo Struts for the landing gear. Power?, plans show a DA 120.

View attachment 117245
I have looked at this plane several times. I was just about to buy a kit from National Balsa at JoeNall a couple of years ago. He also had the one that is one size larger their that he had built it was absolutely gorgeous. At the time one of the old timers from my area that was at JoeNall told me not to do it because the planes from Hostetler were very difficult to work from and did not fit together. Is this true or was I misled.