• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
1660ACB6-62DB-4DC0-BE94-927F77C7C81A.jpeg

Oh towerhobbies... made an order. Shipped via FedEx in three boxes LOL!!
The super otter will be making headway!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
HA! Good play on words there bud. You use those motors much? Never heard of them till now!

This is my first. I normally turn to the turnigy SK3 series motors for an after market purchase. I saw the Sunny Sky on ebay and watched youtube vids of it spooling up. Compared to some turnigy motors (NTM Aero Drive) its balance is superior. Was impressed so I bought one. The one I have is 3-5S capable max constant load 60 amps. Makes about 900watts of power and will turn an APC12x6 on 4S.
Be careful though. I understand that their are knock offs being offered up and are balanced horribly or have bad bearings. Go to their website https://sunnyskyusa.com/ and check em out. Seem to be good motors.

Alky6

150cc
This is my first. I normally turn to the turnigy SK3 series motors for an after market purchase. I saw the Sunny Sky on ebay and watched youtube vids of it spooling up. Compared to some turnigy motors (NTM Aero Drive) its balance is superior. Was impressed so I bought one. The one I have is 3-5S capable max constant load 60 amps. Makes about 900watts of power and will turn an APC12x6 on 4S.
Be careful though. I understand that their are knock offs being offered up and are balanced horribly or have bad bearings. Go to their website https://sunnyskyusa.com/ and check em out. Seem to be good motors.
I picked up one to replace a park 450 motor. Have yet to run it, but they look well built. BuddyRC sells them as well. Shouldn't need to worry about a knockoff from them.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I picked up one to replace a park 450 motor. Have yet to run it, but they look well built. BuddyRC sells them as well. Shouldn't need to worry about a knockoff from them.

Thanks for the dealer info. I have some charging / balance boards from them. Good stuff. I don't have the prop I want for it yet but I did get a chance to run it on my wattmeter with a 65C 3S pack and APC 14x7 prop. WOT Burst produced 72 amps and 790 watts with hurricane force winds :on_the_go:. The amp draw is a bit over rated 60 maximum for 15 seconds. With a 12x6 and 4S pack should put me under max amps with max wattage of about 900. The motor is extremely smooth with no noticeable vibration. Looking forward to getting the wheels up on it :).

Alky6

150cc
Thanks for the dealer info. I have some charging / balance boards from them. Good stuff. I don't have the prop I want for it yet but I did get a chance to run it on my wattmeter with a 65C 3S pack and APC 14x7 prop. WOT Burst produced 72 amps and 790 watts with hurricane force winds :on_the_go:. The amp draw is a bit over rated 60 maximum for 15 seconds. With a 12x6 and 4S pack should put me under max amps with max wattage of about 900. The motor is extremely smooth with no noticeable vibration. Looking forward to getting the wheels up on it :).
Think I might have a 12x6 lying around. If I do, I’ll send it out to you...