• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Still waiting patiently for the postman to deliver more RC goodies to my neighbor :ooh?: (who lives 3/4 mile away). Still don't know how they miss my location.

dd04aa8895right.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Most pilots who use high output 400 plus oz are using the s-bus or distribution (CB200) block which uses 16-14 gauage wire from the batteries back to the hub or receiver. Most are using 20awg wires from the hub/receiver to help get the volts and amps to the servos without too much drop from the resistance in the wire .
The data from my Tx from each flight show a sharp spike to 3 amps for only 0.1-0.2 seconds then drops off , quick bursts nothing continuous that would melt the connect to the servo .

Rusty this just me looking at stuff and trying to understand things. Just putting numbers to the knowns. If you go through the numbers of the servo of 1000 oz-in at 0.12 s at 7.4 volts that comes to 0.0429HP. And that equates to 31.9 watts. From that pure power is 4.3Amps. Now to get through the servo 1 motor, 3 sets of gears bearings and a motor controller the overall efficiency will be around 0.867% from this the power going in you will need to be 4.958Amps. ( steady state). From this TAF will be 14.736 Amps. The calculated numbers are for the full potential of the servo. So if they are only using 3 amps max which tells me they are not using much more than 250 oz-in of the servo. Note all the calculations are done with the assumption that 7.4 volts are at the solder joint of the motor control board, so if it is less the Amps will climb quickly.

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
Snoopy must all that snow and cold weather affecting my recall , been a couple of months since scrolling through the Jeti.
Just pulled a screen shot of a flight with the telemetry and it max out at 7.26 for battery one to 7.04 for battery two, the amps are like what you said it should be .All the data is available i just didn't place on the graph , just Rpm signal strength , this is one of beautiful things about the Jeti studio it's very helpful .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.23.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.23.06 AM.png
    897.6 KB · Views: 276

Rusty 73

100cc
This one show the max amps and voltage at the seven minute markish . Hope this helps .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.40.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.40.14 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 298

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Snoopy must all that snow and cold weather affecting my recall , been a couple of months since scrolling through the Jeti.
Just pulled a screen shot of a flight with the telemetry and it max out at 7.26 for battery one to 7.04 for battery two, the amps are like what you said it should be .All the data is available i just didn't place on the graph , just Rpm signal strength , this is one of beautiful things about the Jeti studio it's very helpful .
Never had the chance to play with a Jeti but it looks like quite the radio with a lot of nice features.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This one show the max amps and voltage at the seven minute markish . Hope this helps .
Looking at the Graphicks and reading it correctly there are two batteries connected and it hard to see but it looks like that booth batteries are putting out the same pretty close so the total usage would the total of the two batteries added up. Am understanding the graph correctly. Like the info.

Rusty 73

100cc
Oh ya with this Studio you can view every detail of performance and keep track of issues that come up , very helpful .
i would imagine Futaba and Jr and Graupner, Boxbox have a similar setup .

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh ya with this Studio you can view every detail of performance and keep track of issues that come up , very helpful .
i would imagine Futaba and Jr and Graupner, Boxbox have a similar setup .
I have get out of the Stone Age with my old JR 12x.

Rusty 73

100cc
The initial price is steep but the info and quality and info from all the telemetry is amazing .
It was a large step for me coming out of hibernation 20 plus years alot had change in radio's from the channel(52)to 2.4G frequency jumping to now with telemetry and info at you finger tips . Look at the new Jr T44 tx the guys who are using them are very pleased and it won't break the bank like mine .