• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What Fly-ins are you going to try to make it to in 2015

doublea

100cc
Well alot of us know the obvious. Joe Nall. But let's not rule out the others. How many are you going to try to attend. Gas has gotten cheaper. (Yeah I know it's going back up). But where are YOU going this year?

doublea

100cc
You know just about the time a clicked this I thought I needed to put this in the events, flyins forum. Oops

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well alot of us know the obvious. Joe Nall. But let's not rule out the others. How many are you going to try to attend. Gas has gotten cheaper. (Yeah I know it's going back up). But where are YOU going this year?
You're right Joe Nall is top on the list.
We are trying to put a 3D Fest event together together here in Central Florida.
I plan on going to Huckoween in Georgia,
and Clover Creek fly-in http://www.clovercreekaerodrome.net/2014-fall-fly-in.html

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Shooting for Nall for one. Wentachee Huckfest is a definite. Would really like to get down to Ogden and mix it up with Joe, @Flyrcjoe . A Midwest trip would be awesome too.
Unfortunately, Wenatchee is a definite NO:
I posted this in the "other" Wenatchee thread:

Well, we are sad to announce that after a great 4 year run in Wenatchee, with well attended fun events, the Red Apple Flyers club this week made the final decision that we will be allowed to organize the event for a fifth year.
To avoid any mis-interpretation of the club's decision, here is the text of the email I received.

Herve, I am sorry to have to tell you, but the WRAF voted, by a large margin, to not hold huckfest again. This was a membership decision and very strong concerns were voiced about a number of issues. Giving up time in September, an event not run by the WRAF, very strong concerns about what is going on with the AMA and the FAA with our proximity to the airport and as a result want no events that are not run by the WRAF.
I wish you the best in finding another location.
Sincerely,
-- Del

Even though the PAU and several members of the group have moved away, we have done our best in trying to continue bringing this fun filled event to you. The PAU group of friends joins me in thanking everyone for the great participation you all brought to the event, and and we wish you all a lot more fun flying in the future.

We are now going to focus on organizing a new 3D event closer to my new home base in Florida.
I already heard from a few that they are planning on coming here all the way from the West Coast to have some Florida fun.

Regards,

Herve Lejeune

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Unfortunately, Wenatchee is a definite NO:
I posted this in the "other" Wenatchee thread:

Well, we are sad to announce that after a great 4 year run in Wenatchee, with well attended fun events, the Red Apple Flyers club this week made the final decision that we will be allowed to organize the event for a fifth year.
To avoid any mis-interpretation of the club's decision, here is the text of the email I received.

Herve, I am sorry to have to tell you, but the WRAF voted, by a large margin, to not hold huckfest again. This was a membership decision and very strong concerns were voiced about a number of issues. Giving up time in September, an event not run by the WRAF, very strong concerns about what is going on with the AMA and the FAA with our proximity to the airport and as a result want no events that are not run by the WRAF.
I wish you the best in finding another location.
Sincerely,
-- Del

Even though the PAU and several members of the group have moved away, we have done our best in trying to continue bringing this fun filled event to you. The PAU group of friends joins me in thanking everyone for the great participation you all brought to the event, and and we wish you all a lot more fun flying in the future.

We are now going to focus on organizing a new 3D event closer to my new home base in Florida.
I already heard from a few that they are planning on coming here all the way from the West Coast to have some Florida fun.

Regards,

Herve Lejeune
Well honestly, this was not what I was wanting to see. Sure was a heap of fun last year. I wonder if there is simply a way I can just pack up all my "Hoopties" and re-locate to the far Eastern side of the states. LOL. Hmmm......maybe @49dimes can put me up in his guest mansion?????:laughing:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well honestly, this was not what I was wanting to see. Sure was a heap of fun last year. I wonder if there is simply a way I can just pack up all my "Hoopties" and re-locate to the far Eastern side of the states. LOL. Hmmm......maybe @49dimes can put me up in his guest mansion?????:laughing:

Any time Rob! Do bring your own TP!
Robs place.jpg