• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What do you guys want videos of?

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Front and backflips like Rob does in these videos. Many in there throughout the video.

[video=youtube;HPa2svDoo-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HPa2svDoo-w[/video]

Rob certainly squeezes the crap out of those Bernoullis doesn't he! awesome talent.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
I was asked about expo lately and thought something like setting up expo and throws might be a good video. Just explaining why you use expo and why it's such a personal thing and the importance of using a low rate once in a while.

I'm with you on this one. I would like to see a video that spends a little more time on the technical setup of the airplane and how it affects flight performance and maneuverability, and than show the maneuver. Also, in those videos put out by "Air Age Media" with John Glenzellis, they do a pretty good job of explaining the maneuver, but they spend little or no time explaining what is happening on the technical side. It would make a lot more sense to me if I could understand what each component of the airplane is doing to produce the desired effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I'm with you on this one. I would like to see a video that spends a little more time on the technical setup of the airplane and how it affects flight performance and maneuverability, and than show the maneuver. Also, in those videos put out by "Air Age Media" with John Glenzellis, they do a pretty good job of explaining the maneuver, but they spend little or no time explaining what is happening on the technical side. It would make a lot more sense to me if I could understand what each component of the airplane is doing to produce the desired effect.

I planned on doing that. It's helpful to know why the plane responds in the way that it does, not just the control inputs.

If at all possible please show transmitter with the video.

Definitely!

I have a question.

What program are you using to record? And how might you go about getting maximum resolution as to make the controler visible?

Thanks
Brian

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I have a question.

What program are you using to record? And how might you go about getting maximum resolution as to make the controler visible?

Thanks
Brian

All of these videos will be done with a real model and not a simulator. However, when I made some simulator videos, the best way for me to do it was to use Fraps. Before that I used the TV-out from my video card into a video capture card on another computer...needless to say this was cumbersome and Fraps does a great job now.

All of these videos will be done with a real model and not a simulator. However, when I made some simulator videos, the best way for me to do it was to use Fraps. Before that I used the TV-out from my video card into a video capture card on another computer...needless to say this was cumbersome and Fraps does a great job now.

Ah alright. I already have the full version of Fraps, but I'm having trouble with resolution, but that could be windows movie makers fault..

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador

Cody are you planning to do these ala Bone Doc with the overhead view of the Tx and the transparency view of the aircraft? That would be great!