• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What do you guys want videos of?

quadracer

100cc
I managed an upright flatspin with full down elevator once with the 70 Slick. It was weird, to say the least. I've got it on video somewhere, just have to find it.

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Personally, I'd like learn how to do a climbing flat spin :)

Duly noted! That's a good one.

I was asked about expo lately and thought something like setting up expo and throws might be a good video. Just explaining why you use expo and why it's such a personal thing and the importance of using a low rate once in a while.

That's another good subject for sure. I'll try to cover that.

I'm interested in ways of improving smoothness and coordination, as well as transitions between tricks. Not sure how you would visualize that in a video, but that's what I need to work on...

That's a great idea. There are a lot of mistakes people make with regards to this. Great pilots can make a simple maneuver like a harrier look awesome with proper execution and transitions, and there are a lot of pilots out there who can do really cool stuff but they lack the positioning and smoothness to take it to the next level.

Thanks for the ideas guys, keep them coming!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Front and backflips like Rob does in these videos. Many in there throughout the video.

[video=youtube;HPa2svDoo-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HPa2svDoo-w[/video]

wedoitall

I did a climbing spin once. Emphasis on once. I was trying to do something else and the plane all of a sudden got into a climbing spin. Unfortunately, I can't do it again no matter how much I try. I also once botched a KE spin with my Laser and got into one of those spins when the wings are level an the plane rotates around the wing spar (does that trick have a name?). It looked awesome, but I will never be able to do it again...

i think spins are some of the coolest looking maneuvers

-Snap-turns including the G-turn and 90 degree half snap
-Knife edge wall, both types (hard 90 degree turn on knife edge, and abruptly turning nose-up and knife-edge from level flight)

Yes please! I saw you do some of both of these at the Jersey FLI and would like to know more about how to emulate them.

Mike

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I am curious as to what you guys would like to know how to do. Bonedoc and Wamsy have already made some fantastic instructional videos, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. For that reason, I won't be covering the basics such as harriers, hovers, and rolling harriers. So far, I plan on covering:

-Rifle rolls (I know Wamsy already made a video of this, but I'd like to look at it in a bit more depth and share some tips for success)
-Snap-turns including the G-turn and 90 degree half snap
-Knife edge wall, both types (hard 90 degree turn on knife edge, and abruptly turning nose-up and knife-edge from level flight)

What else would you guys like to see?

You know I'm in Cody! Someone mentioned transitions. I think that would be a great video with narration just offering some philosophies on tempo changes, high low, fast, slow, etc. I know it's personal but most people (videos I've seen and my own experience) who are getting descent at maneuvers struggle with 4-5 minutes of nice fluid flying. Not all IMAC, not all 3 D which can get monotonous. I know, just come up with a pill we can take to provide us with 10+ tears of skill in 1 season! ha. Anything you've got to offer I'm interested in watching and learning. Thanks. Missed you out there today, fun in 20+ gusts!