• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weeks Solution

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
David, do you know what engine he has in it.
Thanks tim

Hey Tim,

I sure do. The plane has a 3W70 twin stuffed inside a slightly "altered" cowl. The 3W is AWESOME in the Weeks. My buddy widened the cowl in the front for the twin. The cowl also has a couple of side "vents" that are actually there for the spark plug boots. I will load a picture for you when I go to work tomorrow. My Buddy built his Weeks in 1994 and he says his Weeks is second favorite plane he has ever flown (and he's been flying since the mid 1970's).

Looking forward to seeing the "rebirth" of yours.......................:yesss:

David

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
10922822_789699971099084_3467067585447514987_n.jpg

The Original Weeks Solution. This is in Austria in 1982. He won the gold in the 4 minute free style.
I'd forgotten how strange the Solution looked from some angles. Damn thing flew well though, at least with Kermit at the stick!

How does Kermit relate to this bipe? Did he fly a full scale of this one?
I am subscribed on his Youtube vids
Kork,
Kermit Weeks was the designer and builder of the Weeks Solution. Thats kind of where the name comes from. He flew competition in the 80's he was also a professional water skier, writes childrens books, and is a pretty good piano player.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tim,

Here another picture of my Buddy's Weeks where you can see the vents he added for the spark plug caps to the right of where you see "3W-70B2". The cowl is attached to F1 by screws and blind nuts and are accessible from the front opening in the cowl. My Buddy did tell me that taking the cowl on and off was such a PITA that last year was the first time he had the cowl off since he built the plane.

004 (2).JPG

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
WOW, a twin Hots.......................I LOVE it..:big_yes: BTW, I like the plane in your Avatar. It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like a Deception.

David

IFLYJR

50cc
The plane is a Dirty Birdy I flew pattern back in the early 80's. I also had a Deception. I would like to have another one. I have an UFO trying to get that back going.

Tim