• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey 'wedoitall': what did you use to stiffen up the control surfaces. I have some thinner cf rod, will that work or do i need something more flat? How did you install it?

wedoitall

Round would prolly work but if you can get some flat imo that would be better. Imo would look alil better too. That and sealing your hinges if you havent already will improve the plane quite a bit

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I'd only ever done the Skywing kits previously on 3s lipos. This slick I have on 4s2200 and I'd say its as responsive if not more responsive then my 51" AJ slick on 4s.

True tumbler.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'd only ever done the Skywing kits previously on 3s lipos. This slick I have on 4s2200 and I'd say its as responsive if not more responsive then my 51" AJ slick on 4s.

True tumbler.

That's a pretty bold statement Rog! You must be having a lot of fun with it!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
That's a pretty bold statement Rog! You must be having a lot of fun with it!

Gary,
I know it's a big statement but I can say this.

3dhs slick, had quite a bit of aileron and elevator ke mixing to fly true. Skywing slick, zero mixing.

Yes it does have a foam covering and the drag that comes with it, but on 4s the punch out is faster than my 51" and tumbles more aggressively IMHO.

Mind you I only have a dozen flights on the skywing, but almost 500 flights on the 3dhs plane.

Both are great and if your a fan of how slicks behave, then this plane is a worthy addition to your hanger.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I honestly thought 4s would peel the EPP back... I guess it did just fine eh?

What size 4s r y guys flyin?

Gary, 4s2200 is plenty.

I can hammer hard for 5.30 minutes and still land with 25% left.

I'm probably over cooking the $25 hk motor with the apc 13x6.5 prop but who cares for the price.

I flew them both back to back this morning and by golly they behave almost the same. The skywing is more violent on this power system then the AJ, on 3615-750 and 15x6 prop.