• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Man. This kit is so much fun to build. I have the fuse sides all on. Actually the fuse is almost done minus some small things. Pictures to come. Terry the gear plate holes get covered with the plate you designed correct.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Ya Terry's perfect fit and finish are making me look good. It's really a fun easy build. I just hope he has more planes on the back burner. Only thing I do different than him is I'm using wood glue on almost everything. Med ca just sets way to fast for me. The wood glue gives me time for final fitting And checking.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Ohh terry now u tell me that. Lol I should of read better. But I am loving the wood glue anyway. I was wondering how U were getting those parts to fit soo fast.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry would u ever design a warbird

NO

Ohh terry now u tell me that. Lol I should of read better. But I am loving the wood glue anyway. I was wondering how U were getting those parts to fit soo fast.

I'll post a link for where to start on the assembly instructions. With the CA you have all the working time in the world because the parts are pre-assembled, clamped and then glued. The glue is drawn in place with capillary action. I'll follow up with more detail in a couple hours.

It was covered in this thread in detail back around page 7-9. For titebond you clamp the parts in place, wick a bead of medium CA that is drawn into the gaps. Let cure for a bit then put another bead with a little dusting of micro balloons to form a fillet. When dry, move on. For doublers I test fit, glue, eyeball in place and use kicker. Follow with a bead and micro balloons. They will all get fine tuned with sandpaper slightly or drill bits because of the angle of the fuse sides anyway.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
For the way you are using your hysol you are just building a fillet which does not typically add much strength, it will add support but since it's not between parts, it's not actually bonding anything so I would advise using it sparingly in that application or smooth it into a fillet.